PDA

View Full Version : Cowfish site

mark
09-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Always wanted one but sadly can't with my reef but link to a cowfish site

http://www.cowfishes.com/

i have crabs
09-13-2007, 11:39 PM
stinky has had his cowfish in his reef for over 2 years, so it might limit what corals you buy but its not gonna stop you from getting one.

Skimmer Juice
09-14-2007, 03:46 PM
It's true. Just dont buy any pink softies like xenia and colts, and feather dusters, those are the only corals he has bothered. You may aswell just buy one, lol

tknude
09-14-2007, 04:56 PM
I think they are very cool fish. The swim around much like humming birds fly (hovering). I added one to my tank with 2 clown fish. He was about 1.5 inches long. At first everyone got along fine, but the cow fish then started to go after the smaller clown and bit chuncks off of it's tail. The guy at the store said that some are fine and some are crazy.... guess I got a crazy one. I took it back. Perhaps if I had a tank bigger than 33 gallons they would have had more room and would not have had issues. I have no corrals yet so don't have any input in that respect.

Ted.

Skimmer Juice
09-14-2007, 05:31 PM
My clowns actually attacked my cowfish, you need a minimum of a 125g tank. That is what mine is n he is still growing and I feel he needs a bigger home. I belive the crazy factor applies to every fish.

Pan
09-14-2007, 05:48 PM
I've never seen a crazy pipefish

Skimmer Juice
09-14-2007, 07:58 PM
I have!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-14-2007, 10:51 PM
I have a longhorn cowfish from another reefer & it's doing great. Lives in my 120g with a porcupine puffer, couple of clowns, a snowflake moray, a lemon peel angel & a purple tang.

It loves frzn bloodworms. Sucks them up like candy.

Anthony

TeknoPunk
11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
I like them... I have had a female spotted cube and a small yellow one (I don't remember the name) in my reef/fish tank and they did ok. :) they didn;t last as long as I wanted but they where nice to watch.