PDA

View Full Version : Sfiligoi Infinity XR4 w/ACLS Ballast - Now with pics!

dirtyreefer
09-11-2007, 01:34 AM
My young family has been taking up the majority of my time, and therefore it is time to sell the reef as I just can't keep up with it as much as I'd like to.

I therefore have a mint condition Sfiligoi Infinity XR4 Pendant w/ACLS. 1x250W HQI + 4x24w T5. This is the ultimate luxurious lighting as it is the only dimmable HQI on the market right now. I love this light as you can choose how long the sunrise/sunset is. So if you decide to have it come on at 8AM, it will start at 0% and gradually go up to 100% in whatever duration you choose. So Sunrise could essentially be 2 hours. Same goes for Sunset. I love sitting watching tv and seeing the light slowly dim into the sunset. Brand new this is $1400 pendant.
http://www.aquariumobsessed.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOCA&Product_Code=SF-INF1x250-4xT5&Category_Code=SFLX

What controls this dimming feature is the ACLS ballast. This thing cost $1100 brand new (just for the ballast and controllable features), but totally makes the light. You can set latitude/longitude to simulate being in different parts of the world. I set mine close to the equator to simulate Hawaii's conditions.
http://www.aquariumobsessed.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOCA&Product_Code=SF-ACLS250&Category_Code=SFLX

Total this lighting package cost me $2500 + tax last Sept 2006. I know I was nuts for paying this but if you are a fanatic like I was, you'll appreciate how cool this item really is. These two must be sold together (as the pendant is "ACLS ready"), so I am asking $1400.

Buyer would have to pay for shipping, as this would require quite a bit of packaging if I were to do so.

Thank you for your interest. Please PM me with any questions you may have.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/uploads/1043/DSC_0818.jpg

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/uploads/1043/DSC_0154.jpg

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/uploads/1043/DSC_0155.jpg

dirtyreefer
09-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Bump this one up as this is the thread I want active.

dirtyreefer
09-16-2007, 07:43 PM

dirtyreefer
09-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Will sell the tank, stand, sump (with all plumbing included) and Sfiligoi Pendant and Ballast together for $1500

Chin_Lee
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM
thats a pretty sweet deal since i've seen the tank and setup myself. Blaine - you should post some info and specs on the tank too. good luck

justinl
09-18-2007, 06:14 PM
yup i envy whoever ends up with this setup... it is a sweeeet tank. and a hell of a deal.

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-18-2007, 06:27 PM
What are the dimensions of the tank? Im not interested in the actual tank, just the lights but Im wondering what size tank they were over. Thanks.

Whatigot
09-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I am movig into my house in coquitlam in mid october.
I am shopping right now for a nice big full setup to move into the basement and 1500 is my highest budget.

Phanman
09-18-2007, 07:43 PM
I am movig into my house in coquitlam in mid october.
I am shopping right now for a nice big full setup to move into the basement and 1500 is my highest budget.

Your not gonna find anything for $1500 for a full setup if your going from scratch.

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Yeah from what I can see, thats a wicked deal! I mean the lights alone are worth it.

Whatigot
09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
what are you talking about?
I see deals pass by all the time.
I appreciate your input but I think maybe you're just not looking hard enough or in the right places.
I will let you know what I get and for how much when I do, then we'll settle on what I am and am not going to do.

Phanman
09-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Ok maybe i should clarify my explanation abit more, depending on what your gonna keep in the tank the price will obviously differ. If your going for a sps tank, and 120 gallon or more your lighting alone is gonna cost you at least $700 (conservative est.). Your skimmer $400ish used I would guess if not more, tank/stand/sump $600ish, $200ish for plumping/pumps, and you havent even gotten into LR yet, or livestock. Now i think im being pretty cheap for costs too. Just my opinion thou, Im preparing to get myself a 120ish gallon myself dec/jan so ive been told to plan for $45/gallon. At my calculations thats $5400ish.

Phanman
09-18-2007, 08:14 PM
sorry for jackin your thread :redface:

Whatigot
09-18-2007, 08:19 PM
hahahaha...
okay, trust me I understand your mentality here.
but again, after I have aquired my set up I will let you know what i got all in all and the price I paid for everything in.
again, I don't think you look in the right places or look hard enough.
maybe you have a lot of cash and as such you don't exlpore all the different avenues for finding good deals, but that is not the case with me.
I am a bargain hunter, you would probably not even believe some of the things I've gotten for exceptional prices just for putting in a little extre time and effort.

I know some people like to pay more for things and that it is demeaning to them to have someone else get the same or comparable items for less money but I am not one of those people.
I'm frugal and I'm not embarassed to haggle or pursue good deals.
I am sorry if this notion is offensive to you in any way but please let me decide what I can and can't find a great deal on and ease up on the negativity.
cheers.

Whatigot
09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
sorry for perpetuating this thread jacking.
pm'd.

Phanman
09-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Doesnt offend me at all, hey if you can find a great deal awesome and grats to you, sorry if it sounded like I was being negative as this wasnt my intention. Just wanted to give you a realistic price to expect from my experience is all.

Free bump, hehe.

dirtyreefer
09-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Lol wow, I guess I should have subscribed to my own thread! Geez I didn't even realize I had any posts until I decided to put in the specs of the tank :)

For those of you who commented on the great price, thanks for the free bump :) It's heartbreaking for me to have to do this, but now that the livestock is gone, there's no point in sitting here looking at an empty tank.

To clarify, the tank specs and what is included in purchase price are as follows:
- 94g Cube tank
- Drilled bottom (for 360 degree unobstructed viewing). If memory serves correct, 3/4" return, 1" drain
- 30x30x24"
- Stand is finished, but needs to be painted. I will post pics.
- Starboard bottom with faux sandbed (I didn't like the look after the bottom encrusted with coralline so I maintained a shallow sandbed).
- Sump is 30g
- Grow light for macroalgae.
- Plumbing fixtures are included (return pump is not)
- And finally the Sfiligoi Pendant with ACLS ballast!

$1500 does not include the following and will be sold separately:
Any Livestock or Live Rock
Deltec Skimmer
Tunze Streams
Return Pump
Phosban Reactor

Whatigot
09-19-2007, 02:16 PM
sorry, just to ease my confusion, all of the above is included WITH the lights for 1500?

Chin_Lee
09-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Will sell the tank, stand, sump (with all plumbing included) and Sfiligoi Pendant and Ballast together for $1500
if my understanding of the english language is somewhat proficient, i believe thats what Blaine is stating.

Whatigot
09-19-2007, 03:44 PM
To clarify, the tank specs and what is included in purchase price are as follows:
- 94g Cube tank
- Drilled bottom (for 360 degree unobstructed viewing). If memory serves correct, 3/4" return, 1" drain
- 30x30x24"
- Stand is finished, but needs to be painted. I will post pics.
- Starboard bottom with faux sandbed (I didn't like the look after the bottom encrusted with coralline so I maintained a shallow sandbed).
- Sump is 30g
- Grow light for macroalgae.
- Plumbing fixtures are included (return pump is not)

$1500 does not include the following and will be sold separately:
Any Livestock or Live Rock
Deltec Skimmer
Tunze Streams
Return Pump
Phosban Reactor[/QUOTE]

Just didn't see the lights included in this update after he lists what is included for the price.
congratualtions on your mastery of the english language.

dirtyreefer
09-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Lol thanks Chin :)

if my understanding of the english language is somewhat proficient, i believe thats what Blaine is stating.

dirtyreefer
09-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Just didn't see the lights included in this update after he lists what is included for the price.
congratualtions on your mastery of the english language.

My bad, post updated!

i2ik
09-19-2007, 05:31 PM
This is a freaking good deal! I have 3 of those lights and very happy! for 1500$ with the tank, thats a give away! Someone will get VERY lucky to get this deal! :)

dirtyreefer
09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
This is a freaking good deal! I have 3 of those lights and very happy! for 1500$ with the tank, thats a give away! Someone will get VERY lucky to get this deal! :)

Thanks dude, it hurts but it's got to go!

dirtyreefer
09-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Potential buyer has been identified. Will keep posted.

Borderjumper
09-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Too bad I never seen this earlier as I allready bought this light :( Would you want to sell the ACLS ballast by itself?

Skimmerking
09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
dirty good to see that you are going to be selling that stuff finally and crappy to see you get out of the hobby

dirtyreefer
09-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Too bad I never seen this earlier as I allready bought this light :( Would you want to sell the ACLS ballast by itself?

Sorry, but I have a buyer for the whole lot.

dirtyreefer
09-26-2007, 10:05 PM

dirty good to see that you are going to be selling that stuff finally and crappy to see you get out of the hobby

Thanks dude, appreciate the kind words. It sure will be nice getting this stuff out of the house. There's nothing more depressing than looking at an empty tank :p

dirtyreefer
10-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Sold