EmilyB
10-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Do we have no vendors who can reply?? :neutral:

EmilyB
10-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Bump

EmilyB
10-23-2007, 04:52 AM
A fellow reefer said the vendors are going to be getting them in soon. :mrgreen: So I will ask again for people/vendors in the NW ?

WuHT
10-23-2007, 09:48 PM
I've seen one vendor in BC who has recieved red sea shipment over the last week :
1st asfur angels
2nd purple tangs
3rd golden butterflies.

I figure that other places will get them as well.

EmilyB
10-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Went to Red Coral, couldn't really talk to him as he had a customer, I hung around as long as I could and fired out a question as I left, not really wanting to do that, but just to find out about the red sea shipment. He said they were all there...

Anyway, I still am looking for that golden red sea butterfly...I'll be driving by Gold's Sunday ? :question:

Veng68
10-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey Deb........ I'll be at OA on Sunday.

I'll let you know if I see any.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Veng68
10-29-2007, 08:51 AM
No Luck at OA Deb......... although I hear they are getting shipments at OA, & J&L Monday morning.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

EmilyB
02-04-2008, 05:32 AM
Still looking and will ship.

Last time out scoping the city all I saw that irked me was sea apples and scallops. Amazing some of the stores still can't get past this. :neutral:

Delphinus
02-04-2008, 05:56 AM
Is a Red Sea butterfly the same as a Raccoon butterfly? I was at Gold Aquariums earlier today and saw some Raccoons.

EmilyB
02-04-2008, 05:59 AM
No, there are some Racoons around, I saw.

This is the fish I am after:

http://www.marinedepotlive.com/heniochus--bannerfish--butterfly---chaetodon-semilarvatus-fish--butterflys.html

Delphinus
02-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Ooh, purdy. :) Not that it helps find one up here, but I just found a place in the U.S. that has some in stock. :( More aggravating to me is the fact that this place has the same rabbitfish (S. doliatus) I've been scouting out for locally or mail-order for almost two years. I don't understand why some things are so hard to get up here. I feel like a broken record asking the stores for the same thing, but all I ever get is "we'll check next time we do an order." :neutral: Sigh.

Never contemplated ordering a fish from the U.S. before but this place told me they would consider shipping to up here (providing I wasn't ordering something on CITES). Here's the link in case you want to pursue this: http://bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=1&pid=629&cid=26

EmilyB
02-04-2008, 06:21 AM
So do you want to go for your rabbit and my bfly at the same time?

:mrgreen:

EmilyB
02-04-2008, 06:23 AM
I sort of went through the motions on their site, and no Canadian options for the mailing address.

Delphinus
02-04-2008, 06:25 AM
I'll forward you the email I have from them. Basically they said we'd have to call them.

EmilyB
02-04-2008, 07:08 AM
This is a reminder for Tony to call. :lol: :mrgreen: :razz:

Pan
02-04-2008, 07:17 AM
A friend of mine ordered one from reefraft, plus I beleive he said wheresthereef has them occasionally. It has been a year or more maybe but they might be a couple of places to check out.

EmilyB
02-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Reefraft and wheresthereef sound like more of the Ontario offshoots of
Aquarium Pros.. Still struggling, and they have two types of fish on their site.

It's not as if we haven't searched around you know. :razz: :lol:

Pan
02-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Reefraft and wheresthereef sound like more of the Ontario offshoots of
Aquarium Pros.. Still struggling, and they have two types of fish on their site.

It's not as if we haven't searched around you know. :razz: :lol:
Um yeah i figured you called the first aquarium store in the yellow booky thing and gave up :) just suggestions nothing more..or less. Good Luck on the fish hunt. If i spot one or hear of one i'll let you know.

Delphinus
02-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey Deb,

:( Looks like the one butterfly they had disappeared on us. I'll keep my eye open though in case they get another. I'll look around for one too locally, if I see one you'll be the first to know!

EmilyB
02-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Sorry Ol', I didn't mean to vent on you. :redface: It was just another day of doing some of the local LFS and seeing nothing but sea apples, scallops, and purple nudibranches. Took me back 10 years.....some things never change I guess.

Tony, I'll let you know if I find my missing fishie, and see if they have yours too ! :biggrin:

EmilyB
02-20-2008, 05:47 AM
:mrgreen: Wendell at Ocean Aquatics has my BFLY http://www.mysmilie.de/smilies/froehlich/16.gif

I'll be shipping in the fish and probably some other odds and sods if any one wants to add to the order. Note, there is no where here to keep your stuff, unless you want flatworms...:lol:

Delphinus
02-20-2008, 05:50 AM
Awesome!! Please post a picture when she arrives! :mrgreen: