PDA

View Full Version : re: Thanks BA's for hosting Charles Delbeek talk

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Just wanted to thank Grant & the crew at BA's for hosting Charles Delbeek & his talk on exotic marine species. It was a really great get together of "coral geeks" (I think that's the term Charles used) & Grant provided some really tasty Rotis & drinks for all attendees. Great door prizes too.

Anthony

Veng68
09-09-2007, 07:15 AM
I second that :)

In my best secondary school French............ "Muchos Gracias" [reference to Mr Bean Movie for those who are wondering] ;)

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

ref leppard
09-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm looking forward for nexttime................autograph!

pinhead
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM
I'd also like to thank Grant and his staff for a great evening. He is doing his part to support the hobby in the Lower Mainland. For those who weren't there you missed food, drinks, raffles for 2 Biocubes (lucky Vic and Ivy) 20% off in the store and a free coral! Oh, and the main reason we were there, Delbeek's talk and slideshow about rare fish at the Waikiki aquarium was great. If you ever get the chance to go there its pretty impressive. The tanks lit by skylights and the outdoor tidepools with the Acros show you what you can do if you lived in the tropics and and didn't have to depend on expensive lighting. He did also mention anyone going should email him to try to arrange a behind the scene viewing.

Thanks again BigAl's

Big Al's BC
09-10-2007, 09:52 PM
We are glad so many could make it on such a sunny Saturday, especially with the traffic!! Expect to see more events like this in the future and we hope to see as many of you as can attend. We are planning a freshwater presentation next month followed by another saltwater topic the month after.

Stay tuned!:biggrin:

Big Al's BC

fkshiu
09-10-2007, 10:19 PM
That was so good I felt like running out and hugging a coelacanth ;)

Jason McK
09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Looking forward to more Grant. Thanks again for hosting with all the cool givaways and FOOD.

Oh Ya and Mr. Delbeek was great as usual.

J

Chin_Lee
09-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Highly impressive support by Big Al's to host this event with all the food, raffle, giveaways and the great presentation by Delbeek.
For those who missed it, try to make it to these unique events in the future. For the number of reefers locally, I thought the turnout would have been a lot more.

Diana
09-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Too bad, we never even heard about it until today...

Jason McK
09-15-2007, 05:34 AM
Too bad, we never even heard about it until today...

Grant posted 2 thread on it and EmilyB posted a Who's going thread. It was on the main page for at least a week before with the three threads.
I alway check the New Posts
icon so that I don't miss interesting threads

J

Raf
09-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Bummer... :(