PDA

View Full Version : Where to shop in Calgary

BCShelly
09-09-2007, 03:27 AM
I am heading to Calgary next weekend, any suggestions on where I can check out some big fish stores? Also, if I buy some coral (my plan) how long can it stay packaged for transport? I am driving back to Kelowna. Thanks!

Neil
09-09-2007, 03:36 AM
well- i certainly hope they make that trip cause im moving back there from calgary soon and am taking all my livestock with me. I would say check everything out- kelowna doesnt have much so you may as well check out everything calgary has- gold aquariums, elite, red coral, oceans, wai's and IMHO, golds has the best prices for most stuff in town- just sometimes a little short on stock due to being pillaged the second after a shipment comes in

BCShelly
09-09-2007, 03:41 AM
Thanks! I'll make note of all of them. My husband will be so happy to fish shop all day (NOT)!!

Pan
09-09-2007, 08:20 AM
I am heading to Calgary next weekend, any suggestions on where I can check out some big fish stores? Also, if I buy some coral (my plan) how long can it stay packaged for transport? I am driving back to Kelowna. Thanks!

Well coral does come to us half-way around the world in packages...i've transported things up to 18 hours with out a loss, but plan accordingly. Heat if need, insulated etc..I used a coleman cooler with a powerinverter for powerhead and heater..but I am rather picky.

BCShelly
09-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Good point! I'll bring a cooler

Snappy
09-09-2007, 02:49 PM
I've transported corals over a 48 hour period with no problems. I recommend keeping everything bagged seperately unless you are just getting fish.

Pan
09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I've transported corals over a 48 hour period with no problems. I recommend keeping everything bagged seperately unless you are just getting fish.

Yep, forgot rto mention the cooler was for fish, coral stayed in bags :)

mseepman
09-09-2007, 10:35 PM
BCShelly,

I just got back from Calgary and live in Vernon. I bought 8 frags from Albert at Golds and they all made it back in great shape (bagged in a rubbermaid). The selection is excellent and Golds will match J&L pricing on drygoods. Wai's was also really good.