PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Advise - Deltec, PM?

b_james
09-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi... I am currently running a Bullet 2 skimmer feel that its time to upgrade. I am looking for something that can handle a heavier bio load. Also I am getting tired of cleaning the breckett every week - dont get me wrong, I dont mind the maintenance, it just the thet breckett design is a pain to service.

So far I have been looking at the Deltec 851. Any comments or other good recommendations?

fkshiu
09-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Quieter, more compact and less electrical usage with the needle wheel Deltec.

Also consider H&S, ATI as well as Bubble King given the price you'd be paying for the Deltec.

Skimmerking
09-05-2007, 02:18 AM
with my beckett I always ran it super wet and then its doing 2 things. #1 its doing water changes for me and the #2 is its sucking out alot more running it wet.. you can always add another beckett to the skimmer...

albert_dao
09-05-2007, 08:34 AM
I second the BK's. Deltec's are just a rip off now, considering that the H&S are practically the same thing (actually, they have a better build quality) and 30% cheaper.

At the same price level, go with the BK's:

http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34906

Prices a bit down on that page with comparisons,

b_james
09-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks for your replys... In order to simplify things, I decided to purchase a Bullet 3. This way there is no need to re-plumb or reconfigure anything. Also I can still use the bullet 2 as a backup.

I am hoping the new style injector is much easier to service.