PDA

View Full Version : Complete 60g - Victoria

zoomin
09-04-2007, 03:33 PM
I have finally got around to pricing this. It's a custom acrylic, 32 wide x18 deep x24 high.

Pictures of the tank are here:

http://www.profitcycles.com/

I have included beside each piece, what i believe to be todays replacement costs including taxes for the equipment(please let me know if I am off).

Why?

Because I am trying to avoid the inevitable "wow, $XXXX.XX for a 60g?!? WTF?!?!? I can put one together for $XXX.XX?!?!?"

Apples and oranges.

It is not setup right now and needs to be cleaned - I am hoping to find someone interested who can look beyond that. It would be ideal for me to not go through the hassle of cleaning it, setting it all up to look good just in an effort to sell it.

The stand is an expensive piece of furniture that we bought from Mclardy's in Sidney - it was around $900 (my wife really liked it).

I braced it internally with 2x4s, drilled it and plumbed it for this tank and sump specifically, so the tank and this stand go together. I realize this will be the deal breaker for many, but this piece of furniture becomes useless without this tank on top of it.

The tank is a custom acrylic made by socalcreations.com to fit that furniture - it was around $800 when all was said and done.

The lighting is Aqua Medic Ocean Light T5/Metal Halide Combo - 24 inch 1 x 250 Watt MH + 2 x 24 Watt T5 Fixture - Black - $600 with bulbs: http://tinyurl.com/2t8aef

I have two brand new T5s to go in. The Giesmann 14k bulb in there only has ~5 months on it, and I have a brand new giesmann 10k bulb as backup.

CPR sump with fuge light - $250

reefkeeper controller - $250

Tunze 9010 skimmer - $390

eheim 1262 return pump - $190

waveysea - $350

Plumbing - $100

Tunze osmolator - $100

So replacement cost of everything new is around $4000.

$2250 is my asking price.

That's complete and ready to go, I would help move and plumb back to
working order, pretty much anywhere on Vancouver Island and the Lower mainland.

LMK.