PDA

View Full Version : fearing eviction, 120g has to go. calgary

kwirky
08-30-2007, 04:27 AM
I moved out of my parent's house into a rental recently, and the tank HAS to go. He said in the lease "no pets". I'm afraid of the landlord evicting us because of this thing. I'm afraid of the tank damaging the house. I'm afraid of our lease not being renewed in december and having to move it all AGAIN.

So basically I'll be out of the aquarium hobby indefinately (at least till I buy a house, but that'll be impossible in the calgary market for at least the next 5 years for me).

It's been converted to a freshwater, but most of what's left can still be used for saltwater.

120g tank (48x24x24) with tubular steel stand. $400
teklight 4' 8 bulb fixture with daylight bulbs. $400 with bulbs. bulbs are only 'bout 2 months old. sold
xp3 filter. $50sold
stealth heaters. keeping, sorry
CO2 tank aproximately 3/4 full. $70
co2 regulator/needlevalve/bubble counter. used 3 months. $70
milwaukee ph controller. $50 sold

I work evening shifts thursday/friday, but I'm available most of the day saturday and probably sunday evening too. Next week school starts so my schedule will be a lot more regular (mainly evenings after 6pm next week).

I'm open for offers.

Oh and the tank is HEAVY! you'll have to bring at least 2 friends to help move it, and you'll be supplying your own truck.

text or call my cell, that's the best way to get ahold of me. 403-617-0398

scuglass
08-30-2007, 06:30 AM
pm'd yah on lights.

Phanman
08-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Do you have pics of the tank?

mr_alberta
08-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Intersted in the CO2 bottle. How old and what size is it?

beckel
08-30-2007, 06:52 PM
pm'd on the co2 tank & regulator

J.Lloy
08-31-2007, 12:23 AM
pm'ed on ph monitor

kwirky
08-31-2007, 06:10 AM
Intersted in the CO2 bottle. How old and what size is it?

it's a 20lb bottle, about 2 months old, certified and purchased in calgary. it's about 3/4 full.

Do you have pics of the tank?

here's my journal on my tank, it has lots of pictures in there.
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26766

oh and the tank has 10mil glass, for those interested. quite strong :)

btw most of my equipment's gone so don't bother asking for something if you saw it in a picture in the journal

Darth Wader
08-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Man that's stupid. My lease says "no pets", but fish aren't like dogs or cats which actually damage an apartment. I hate when landlords are anal like that and give you crap about it. I was worried my landlord was going to think I was growing weed because of the lights that shine out of my place, but he knows about the tank and doesn't care at all.

Aquattro
08-31-2007, 06:03 PM
I hate when landlords are anal like that and give you crap about it.

Well, I'm just renting out the top of my house, and hell if I'm gonna let some nut put a big reef tank up there!! Humidity, water damage, salt damage, huge hydro bills, ...no thanks. No dogs or cats either. Or birds. Or snakes & lizards.

Swags
08-31-2007, 07:31 PM
My landlord insisted that I get renters insurance for any water damage, small cost, and no worries for him now.
Phil

kwirky
09-04-2007, 06:22 AM
tank and ph controller sold.

There's no option for keeping this tank, even with insurance. It WILL damage the house. Not a matter of "might".

rest of the stuff's for sale.

tknude
09-04-2007, 03:54 PM
PMed ya,

Ted.

Darth Wader
09-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Water damage and humidity isn’t that big of a deal and all that stuff is why landlords take a damage deposit. I understand what you’re saying but a fish tank is not a reason to evict a person, well not in my eyes at least. Good thing you’re not my landlord because I have a fish tank, geckos, snakes, chameleons and bugs.

Darth Wader
09-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh and a tortoise too!!

kwirky
09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
the xp3's been sold.

and there seem to be repeated misunderstandings about the tank. the tank is NOT damaged in any way. the cement floor of the house was damaged. the tank is a-ok. come buy it lol ;)

GreenSpottedPuffer
09-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Well, I'm just renting out the top of my house, and hell if I'm gonna let some nut put a big reef tank up there!! Humidity, water damage, salt damage, huge hydro bills, ...no thanks. No dogs or cats either. Or birds. Or snakes & lizards.

Wow...I would hate to have you as a landlord!

kwirky
09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
bump. tank and some other stuff still available. the tank's drilled in two locations (overflow and return), and it has a tubular steel stand included. Would have to build an actual overflow though because I removed mine to run it as a planted tank.

Very solid because 120g's with the same dimensions as mine are usually built with 6mm glass on the 4 side panels, while mine's made with 9mm all around. Very very tough.