PDA

View Full Version : Foxface Rabbit fish...

MikeP
08-29-2007, 06:29 PM
I just bought a small one earlier today, I know the spines are venomous so I was just wondering what do you do if say you have your hand in the tank and somehow the spines get you? Also my research indicated that this fish is reef safe but just now I found a site that said "with caution" but they called it a Foxface Lo? Are they two different fish?

Thanks

michika
08-29-2007, 06:44 PM
They are mostly reefsafe. It depends on the reaction you get from the sting. I've previously been stung, but had no reaction.

Same fish just different names.

fishoholic
08-30-2007, 03:32 AM
I just bought a small one earlier today, I know the spines are venomous so I was just wondering what do you do if say you have your hand in the tank and somehow the spines get you?

Thanks

Your hand feels numb for a bit then hurts like and SOB for a bit and you say "ow ow ow ow!" (or something like that :wink:) Then the pain goes away and you think "Well that wasn't too bad" (or something like that) :lol:

MikeP
08-30-2007, 05:24 AM
I talked to some LFS's and they said basically the same thing. It's kinda like a bee sting.

Pan
08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
I talked to some LFS's and they said basically the same thing. It's kinda like a bee sting.

So you can die if allergic?

MikeP
08-30-2007, 04:21 PM
So you can die if allergic?

No sure, the pain is apparently similar to a bee sting. I haven't read or heard anything about allergic reactions.