PDA

View Full Version : new guy on the block

kari
01-05-2003, 04:58 PM
I didn't know there was so many other people around Calgary with a money pit/reef tank. Hope we can find some trades some day.

Canadian Man
01-05-2003, 05:07 PM
Welcome to Canreef Kari.
Hope we can hook up some time and check out eachothers tanks.
There are quite a few in north calgary and south as well.

I got lots to trade so let me know what your looking for.

cheers

Dresden
01-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Welcome :mrgreen:

andestang
01-05-2003, 10:05 PM
Welcome :D 8)
ande

Bob I
01-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Welcome. 8) :D
Bob

AJ_77
01-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Glad you found us.

Cheers,

Alan :D

Delphinus
01-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Welcome to Canreef 8)

kari
01-06-2003, 01:18 AM
CanMan

I'm always looking for new acro. I prefer homegrown over wild anyday. Montipora of any sort is welcome. Just about anything expect mushrooms, too many mushroom here.
On my end, not much is frag'd as of yet. I can snip off bird's nest, moon polyps, two types blastimosa, torch from hell (I give away 6"x6" pieces now and then), no ID tree type soft coral (lots, somebody take some please) and a small piece (2") of hydno (encrusting type) is waiting for a new place.
Please excuse my spelling and lack of Latin. If you need more info I can open the books and get a proper Id.

spikehs
01-06-2003, 02:19 AM
welcome,

we are putting in an order with J&L for sometime this month, feel free to jump in.

Delphinus
01-06-2003, 04:23 AM
Kari,

I have lots if you're interested in a trade. Some pieces I'm not keen on fragging, but I have lots of frags that need new homes. All encrusting onto rocks and ready to go anytime. Some yellow tipped acro, purple acro, some purple tip acro that is turning green under Iwasaki's but is super purple under 10K's, some yellow montipora, some green polyped but yellow montipora, and some red monti cap. Lots more too but not ready to be fragged just yet, but one day (pink stylopora, lavender monti cap, yellow cap, plating hydnophora etc. etc.)

Am always open to a trade for more SPS... let me know if you're interested.

spikehs
01-06-2003, 04:37 AM
Tony,

Sounds like you have some great frags to trade for, would you be interested in trading for a banggai? or i might want to buy some off yah....What are the sizes? any chance we could get some pics of em? thanks.

Delphinus
01-06-2003, 05:02 AM
I sure would 8)

Pictures .... Maybe I can try to post some for tomorrow (tank has gone to bed already)

Canadian Man
01-06-2003, 05:22 AM
Kari,
Most of my SPS's are just frags now, I do have some Purple tipped Monti that is growing fast so that would be the soonest sps I would have.
I do have some colt frags and and the ever popular mushrooms :roll:

I would like to see your tank sometime.

For SPS frags around here Delpinius(Tony) has the leg up I think :D

Dez
01-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Hey, can I get in on the trades here? I am a Calgarian after all...he he..

Des...

Delphinus
01-06-2003, 03:17 PM
I just sent a frag home with you!! :P

AJ_77
01-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Sucks having nothing worthwhile to trade... :?

Need a small dog???

Delphinus
01-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Ha! Hmmmm. :shock:

Jboy
01-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Hi Kari,

Welcome as well. This forum is awesome, as there are a bunch of experts right here in town!!! (as opposed to a guy at the LFS yesterday, who didn't know the difference between a cowrie and a conch.. yeesh).
Anyway, I would like to get some suitable, very beginner coral frags as well, but am afraid have nothing to trade for. Perhaps a cash deal?

Jason

wayner
01-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Tony:

How long do you figure before you frag the Pink Stylophora, I'm waiting bud.

Canadian Man
01-06-2003, 06:31 PM
Tony:

How long do you figure before you frag the Pink Stylophora, I'm waiting bud.

Sorry Tony, i had to tell :oops: :D

Delphinus
01-06-2003, 08:35 PM
It's no problem. Welll ..... the only impediment is that it's a pretty tough coral and is kind of hard to break. That's why I don't have any "pre-made" frags is because it can actually withstand my clumsiness (unlike all the others, who seem to break off a branch if I so much as happen to look at them sternly...)

It's also, seemingly, a bit of a slow grower. Maybe I don't have the ideal current for it; or maybe it's just a slow grower (which make explain why it's such a strong coral .... more calcium). Which makes me a little concerned about fragging it, because I'm afraid I'll wreck it.

I'll try to gather up the courage to snip off a piece soon. BTW, you know what piece I'm drooling over in your tank (actually two pieces, but I couldn't ask you to touch that table on account of me).

It is a nice shade of pink. When I bought it, it was mostly white with a hint of pink. It has darkened up nicely.

I had bought a piece of pink montipora from Jayson, it was an awesome pink colour (Doug Lowey posted pics of it over at RC). Unfortunately under the Iwasaki's it turned into your garden variety purple montipora :( Darn, that piece was $25 for a 1" frag, too. Oh well, I should be happy it's happy and growing, it just isn't pink anymore!

wayner
01-06-2003, 09:04 PM
Let me know when you work up the courage & I'll have a frag of the Green Gemmifera? waiting., the table I can't touch yet, I consider it to still be a frag, when it takes off, you'll get one., everything else is fraggable.

Tau2301
01-06-2003, 09:47 PM
How did I miss this thread :?: You would think I was living in Edmonton and commuting every weekend to Calgary. :D

Welcome Kari.

Canadian Man
01-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Wayne,
don't forget about me Wayne :D

kari
01-07-2003, 01:58 AM
Alan

I'll trade you a fat Siberian that doesn't listen or a burnt out 14 yr old Shephard for the small dog. Both dogs are excellent diggers!

Kari

Canadian Man
01-07-2003, 02:05 AM
Alan

I'll trade you a fat Siberian that doesn't listen or a burnt out 14 yr old Shephard for the small dog. Both dogs are excellent diggers!

Kari
Sounds like a good deal Alan! :lol:

AJ_77
01-07-2003, 03:01 AM
Hmmm... I was thinking more my wife's little dog for some corals, but are you offering both of your dogs?? :wink:

Maybe after I'm dead, which I will be when she finds out...

Josh23
01-07-2003, 03:21 AM
welcome to Canreef Kari.

Seems that we have started a interesting trading service (dogs and wifes)

Any ways I hope you will find your stay here interesting and educational at the same time. I know I have.

Enjoy

Josh

EmilyB
01-07-2003, 03:36 AM
Welcome Kari..

Nice to see someone with real dogs.......
:roll: :P :lol:

TANGOMAN
01-07-2003, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the jungle Kari. I'm still a "new guy" here as well. A great source of entertaiment, knowledge and spelling lessons... :wink:
Based on my experiences, forgive Tony for his occasional grammar "blunders" as he will surely remember yours, and gladly remind you of them...
I have little to offer in the coral trading department as well but a definate interest in purchases'...trading pets/wives ? Hmmm, I've never heard my fish complain I spend too much time lookin' at the wife :roll: My fish have never awoken me (is that a word Tony?) in the middle of the night gaggin' up a "hairball" either...

AJ_77
01-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Seems that we have started a interesting trading service (dogs and wifes) :shock:
Read the post again, Josh - sheesh! :roll: :P