PDA

View Full Version : BTA Split:)

findingnemo1
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
HI there,

We just got a rbta from Mario on Saturday and woke up this morning to 2 instead of one. I am assuming the stress from moving it spawned this event. Gees in between Tony and i we are on a roll.

So now my concern is i was going to move it to a 30 gallon today as the 12 gallon cube just doesn't have enough light for it.

Should i still do that or leave it for a few days?

digital-audiophile
08-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Nice!

I personally would be tempted to leave it where it is for a few days just so it gets over the initial stress of the first move and the split.

I'm no expert when it comes to Anemones though, I have only just started keeping them myself.

Der_Iron_Chef
08-27-2007, 03:03 PM
But isn't it more damaging (potentially) to move them when they've settled and their "foot" is firmly attached?

findingnemo1
08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
We'll my thought is that i can move the rock that they are both attached to. My only concern is the lighting that is in there. I know it isn't enough and i don't want them to waste away from not enough light!!!

I just don't know what to do....lol
They do look content both are bubbled and sitting looking all pretty:)

My daughter will be thrilled as we bought it for her and she went for a sleepover last night....Leave and there is one come home and there are 2....lol

Der_Iron_Chef
08-27-2007, 03:09 PM
I would personally move it....but I'm just reckless and wild! Mwaaaaa.....

findingnemo1
08-27-2007, 03:11 PM
LMAO:lol:

To funny.....I think i might but still have that hesiatation of please do't let me kill them..

I have had enough death in the last 10 days:(

Delphinus
08-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I'd give it at least a day or two before moving actually. Although Drew has a good point about the foot - it's always better/easier to move the rock too if you can. If they get their foot into a hole in the rock it can be a real headache trying to tickle/pry them off the rock.

But in the case of a split - they literally rip themselves in half when they do this - and then the edges close in on themselves to heal up. I'd give them a day or two to be sure that it's all healed up and stuff.

Der_Iron_Chef
08-27-2007, 03:26 PM
There you go--listen to the man :)

Delphinus
08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
(Looking over shoulder) There's a man?? Where???

findingnemo1
08-27-2007, 03:32 PM
LOL

Okay we'll we will hope all will go we'll. I think the daughter would be a little ticked if i killed her anemone after all the death in this house:cry:

Sooo now i have 2 really pretty nems and one clown swimming between the 2. Kinda funny to watch really she doesn't know which way to go:)

fortheloveofcrabs
08-27-2007, 05:40 PM
LOL, this is funny, about 2 weeks ago my GBTA split in my 16g nano - my clown is forever doing laps between the two and a torch coral. Well, at least he's getting his exercise....

findingnemo1
08-27-2007, 06:05 PM
What kind of lights do you have on that tank? Are they just the stock lights?

Maybe i am just freakin out for nothing. It is 4 watts a gallon but still it doesn't seem like enough.

fortheloveofcrabs
08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
It's a 175 20kk MH about 8 inches above the water... It seems they do well, however, in lower lighting (in my 55, I only have CF lighting) provided you feed them often enough. They just don't colour up as well. What kind of lights do you have on you nano?

findingnemo1
08-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Its just 48 watts of pc on a 12 gallon.

I was going to move him today to the bigger tank but him splitting messed that plan up. I think i will leave him for a week and then move him.

fortheloveofcrabs
08-27-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm planning to move one to my 55gal (4X96 watt Pc's) and "they" say it should be fine in there... So you should be more than fine for a while.

fishoholic
08-27-2007, 08:51 PM
(Looking over shoulder) There's a man?? Where???

LMAO!!!!!!:lol:

Quagmire
08-28-2007, 12:22 AM
I agree with not moving them.Until they reform a mouth they wont be able to eat,but as long as you have some nitrates in the water (around 5 ppm)they will absorb this through the tissue the same as corals will.You can try feeding small food like cyclopese,sometimes they will stuff small food into where the mouth is forming.Don't know if they actually get nourishment this way,but it can't hurt.Give them about a week and they should be back together.

digital-audiophile
08-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Just thought I would ask how the RBTA is doing?

findingnemo1
08-30-2007, 02:25 PM
We'll they seem okay. All is healing we'll. The actually look round again and not oval:)

Clown is having a blast moving between the two although it almost looks as though they are one again as the little one decided to come and join mom;)