PDA

View Full Version : LF lights

MikeP
08-26-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm trying to fix up my lighting. With the 2 pendent style lights I have now the middle of the tank is a bit dim. I was thinking of adding something like a coralife PC 96w (x2) fixture to brighten it up. Does anyone have something like this? I would also consider a 48in 250w MH set up (something that's an all one unit which also has a couple fluorescent lamps in it) if the price was reasonable. Anyway if you have something that might work for me send over a PM.

Thanks

cav~firez22
08-26-2007, 03:29 PM
I would do 2 T5s one on each side.

MikeP
08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
I would do 2 T5s one on each side.

The tank is 60in long and 24in wide. Right now I have my two pendents hanging on either side of the center brace. This leaves the middle of the tank a bit dimmer. I wanted something to add more light in that area.

digital-audiophile
08-27-2007, 04:00 PM
It could be part and parcel of the type of pendant you are using, I would imagine those give you more of a spotlight effect. Have you thought about changing out to a rectangular style pendant, I would imagine you would end up using the same bulbs/ballasts that you already have?

Geofrog
08-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Mike,
I have some 48"Coralife PC's. They are the 96W with moon lights. I only used them for 3 months. PM me if interested, I'll be gone all week but I'm back next week.

MikeP
08-27-2007, 10:18 PM
It could be part and parcel of the type of pendant you are using, I would imagine those give you more of a spotlight effect. Have you thought about changing out to a rectangular style pendant, I would imagine you would end up using the same bulbs/ballasts that you already have?

Yeah Greg, the problem is the 'spotlight' effect. I don't really think that changing from the vertical mount pendant to a horizontal type would change much because I would still have two hanging pendants. Plus I wouldn't mind adding some wattage to the tank. Thanks for the thought though.

MikeP
08-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Mike,
I have some 48"Coralife PC's. They are the 96W with moon lights. I only used them for 3 months. PM me if interested, I'll be gone all week but I'm back next week.

PM'd

Zylumn
08-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Deb. emilyb has a nice light package for sale.

EmilyB
08-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks Kevin ! :biggrin: But my setup is only 2 x 175w and I think Mike wants to go up a notch.

MikeP
08-28-2007, 02:07 AM
Actually I thought about it Deb, but I think yours has 2 bulbs in the fixture right? I kinda need to be picky about the dimensions at the moment and then when I have some more money I'll buy a complete set up that will replace everything.