PDA

View Full Version : couple new shots

Acro
01-05-2003, 01:35 AM
This one often grows with a cross in its branch design so Marc and I named it the "PurpleCross"
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/jcross2/closepurplecross_copy.JPG
An A. efflorescens I happened to stumble across
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/jcross2/eflo_copy.JPG
And an intresting stubby stag I'm starting to like.
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/jcross2/stubbystag02_copy.JPG

Aquattro
01-05-2003, 01:59 AM
As always, beautiful!!

StirCrazy
01-05-2003, 02:12 AM
damn they are so nice looking they almost look fake!!! you know like costume jewlery.. :wink:

nice corals Jamie

Steve

Mak
01-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Wow! very nice Corals!!! Could we get a shot of the one in the second pic, in the lower left hand corner?....please :D

Acro
01-05-2003, 03:12 AM
Thanks Guys,

The second piece has only been in the system for about a month and is coloring up almost daily now. I'm excited to see it over time. Mak, I'll see what I can do, but can't promise as it's only a small frag and needs some time to grow before it's worthy. :wink: Steve, They are fake. I can't beleive you guys would go out and spend thousands of dollars on systems to keep animals such as these alive. When for only pennies a day you can have pieces such as these :lol:

pocilipora
01-05-2003, 05:19 AM
Looks good Jamie! How are the new lights working out for you?

StirCrazy
01-05-2003, 08:14 AM
Thanks Guys,
Steve, They are fake. I can't beleive you guys would go out and spend thousands of dollars on systems to keep animals such as these alive. When for only pennies a day you can have pieces such as these :lol:

Bahahahaha I was thinking of that befor I had water in my tank.. levels are always perfect.. no water changes needed.. no algae build up on the glass... hmmmm :wink:

Steve

Acro
01-05-2003, 05:52 PM
Hey Chris,

Yeah I like the lights. I think they appear a bit dimmer but they are bluer which makes it harder for our eyes to judge brightness. I'll have to see what happens over a month. Now that you brought up the pinkish tint form the uri's I'm thinking of correcting that but not for a while as the bank just called and they want their money back. :wink:

Delphinus
01-06-2003, 01:24 AM
What new lights are you using, Jamie? I remember you used to have 4x110W VHO + 2x250W DE 10kK .... what config are you using now?

BTW, as usual .... you have the nicest looking corals out of any tank I have ever known. Keep up the good work. 8)

Acro
01-06-2003, 03:48 AM
Tony,

Thanks, It's nice you feel that way. :o The only thing I changed with the lighting was I switched the ushio 10k's for AB 10k's.

Samw
01-06-2003, 04:16 AM
Jamie, when did you change the bulbs? Do you have any before and after photos since changing the bulbs? Just curious what differences you are getting after the change.

Acro
01-06-2003, 04:31 AM
Sam,

I changed them out last Friday. I didn't take any pics though. I'm curiuos as well. Time will tell.

ldzielak
01-06-2003, 07:04 PM
The more I see and here about your tank the more I really ****ed I missed the meeting at your place. I really have to make it out your way sometime and to see Tim also.

Lee

Acro
01-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Lee,

Well if I'm around during your next visit your welcome over.

ldzielak
01-07-2003, 05:17 AM
Thanks Jamie, I really want to see the baby blue that Brad missed :lol:

Lee