PDA

View Full Version : position : polyp, hammer, frogspawn

Van-rookie
08-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Morning all....

I have some new addition in my tank and I need your advice on the best position to put them..

I know from the guy that I bought the hammer and frogspawn that they belong from the same family and can be put close together.

What I want to know is whether it is ok to put them near a green star polyp.

And also need info whether ricordia and mushroom are the same family..

sorry if my questions sound stupid :mrgreen:

thanks

cooper
08-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Morning all....

I have some new addition in my tank and I need your advice on the best position to put them..

I know from the guy that I bought the hammer and frogspawn that they belong from the same family and can be put close together.

What I want to know is whether it is ok to put them near a green star polyp.

And also need info whether ricordia and mushroom are the same family..

sorry if my questions sound stupid :mrgreen:

thanks

Hi there

Place the Frogspawn and Hammer close to the top of your tank. These corals are from the same family so it is ok to put them close to each other but not close to the green star polyop. Ricordeas and mushrooms are from the same family, u can place them close to each other.

Van-rookie
08-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi there

Place the Frogspawn and Hammer close to the top of your tank. These corals are from the same family so it is ok to put them close to each other but not close to the green star polyop. Ricordeas and mushrooms are from the same family, u can place them close to each other.

Thanks cooper

the frogspawn and hammer are already close together and way on top of the tank so, I am preety sure they will not stink other corals.

I also put the Ricordeas and Mushrooms (which are on rocks) next to each other but not sure yet whether I should place them at the bottom, middle or top part of the tank.

As for the GSP...guess he has to fine another spot.
:biggrin:

Rippin
08-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Rics and mushrooms generally don't need strong lighting. The Florida types need more light than the Yumas. Not all mushrooms and Rics are compatible. I've had a hairy mushroom sting the living daylights out of a Ricordea.

GSP will and grow almost anywhere, whether close to stinging corals or not.