PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on ViaAqua Acro-Cal Calcium Reactor

mr_alberta
08-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Anyone have any experience with these? Good, bad or indifferent?

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RIO-29709&Category_Code=creactor

Veng68
08-24-2007, 07:59 AM
I think someone is testing it for OA.

Been a couple weeks........ maybe that person could chime in.

When I was at Hidden Reef last week they said they can't keep the Elos CA reactors in stock.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Der_Iron_Chef
10-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Bump on this. Anyone? Why so cheap?

Veng68
10-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Another bump...... anyone?

Cheers,
Vic

RuGlu6
10-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Sorry i didnt know about this post.
I am using this reactor for almost a year, using gravity feed setup.
The only two things i dont like about this reactor are
1-Its small and requires friquent media changes.
2-The impeller shaft keeps coming out of the pump and i keep creasy glueing it back.

Now i gave up glueing it and just left it running with out the shaft, and its pretty quiet very quiet actually, but some times i dodnt know if impeller is rotating or not. Some times when it rattles, impeller needs a shake to re-start.

Thats why i thought about getting coralife 250 reactor for $135 at J&L.
ViaAqua Acro-Cal for 50$ i think it did serve me well and i would give it 3 out of 5. If only i could get the impeller shaft to stay in there this would be a very good little unit for small tanks or low SPS load

Tangman
10-17-2008, 03:41 AM
I am using the ViaAqua Acro-Cal reactor and have no problem with the impeller shaft, but I do agree it is hard to tell if the impeller is turning unless the Co2 is on. But if your calcium needs are not high, then for $50 bucks it's worth it. I mean you couldn't DIY one for less

imisky
10-17-2008, 08:10 PM
ive been using this reactor for 10months now, and i have the same issue as RuGlu6 regarding the impeller shaft, mine i did not even take it out it just disappeared. and the same rattling theme occours as well once in a while but a shake here and there does the job. imo this reactor is " you pay what you get" not bad for a $50.00 reactor (comparing price to what you get) but it certainly can get improvements. very easy to tune i think