PDA

View Full Version : FS: KARI'S MOORISH IDOL (a bit of a read)

Nate
08-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok, here is the story...

I took Kari's Moorish Idol thinking it might be too big for my tank, but hoping he would settle in nicely. He has, but I am not happy with the amount of swimming room he has. Such a beautiful fish should have a huge tank to swim in. He is in my 150 gallon, 48 x 30 x 24, and needs something bigger. I thought I could hold out as I am having an 800 gallon tank built, but it will be too long.

So here is what I would like to propose. someone with a 200 gallon plus tank to take the moorish idol until the 800 gallon tank is built. I am hoping someone will step forward and take on the task, and would like to, in the end see this fish in an 800 gallon tank, that will be 12 x 4 footprint.

This would allow for the fish to be happy in his ending home.

Please post, or pm, and understand that the tank should be over 200 gallons, and that the fish will decimate zoos and as far as I know clams. also, you must note that Kari may intervene at any point in time to the purchaser of the fish and will be made aware of them before taking.

Also, please note that in the 2 or 3 days in my tank, the moorish idol has eaten a couple old zoo rocks, and a sheet and a half of nori as well as some pellets.

Sorry to have to do t his,

Nate

Delphinus
08-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Good luck!! Wish I knew of a tank that was ready, sorry ....

fencer
08-22-2007, 04:00 PM
I have seen this fish. Its size makes it rare enough. Hope somebdy steps up to give it a temp home.