View Full Version : Newest look for 2003

Aquattro
01-03-2003, 06:23 AM
http://www.islandreef.ca/post/tank03.jpg

Delphinus
01-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Nice... 8)

.... sigh ..... I wish my tank could look like that. :(

(I guess it would, if only the frags were mother colonies, the front glass wasn't scratched to the point it's smokey, ignore the flatworms, and pretend there isn't a brown snotty goo covering everything and clogging the overflows. Yeah. Other than all that ..... my tank is completely identical. Well, minus the colours, and nice shapes, and non-necrotic caps of course. But other than that ...)

.... Seriously, very nice. I espescially like the lavender cap in the left back corner. I have a piece like that, that I rescued out of a bargain bin at a LFS, but it has so much recession it is a chore to keep the algae at bay. It hasn't receded in my tank, but it hasn't recovered yet either (wild collected specimen so who knows how long this can tank).

Neat idea having that other cap "surrounding" a powerhead intake. I bet you will get some wild growth on that guy.

cheers (I really am jealous, one day maybe I can hope to have half as nice a tank as that!!!!)

Aquattro
01-03-2003, 06:40 AM
Thanks Tony. I didn't put the cap there on purpose, that's just a large frag I had nowhere to put. I had mentioned here that this cap was free for the picking up, but I didn't get many takers. So, it may end up staying wrapped around the intake.
Hope your snotty goo problem clears up. I had a similar problem in a 10g mantis tank, but a herd of hermits cleaned it up. Your tank is prolly to big to fill with hermits!!

Delphinus
01-03-2003, 06:53 AM
Well it could be a neat experiment to see what new forms it will take on! :)

Yeah, I think I've got too much goo and too much tank (75g) for hermits. It's very discouraging. I'm going to run without halides for a day or two and see what impact I can make. And if that doesn't work then maybe a full day with no halides and no VHO. So far, nothing is slowing this stuff down. And now that vacation days are over I don't have the luxury of siphoning out my tank 100% 3 times per day. The stuff has got to go!!!

Canadian Man
01-03-2003, 07:27 AM
You got flatworms Tony? :shock:

Very nice looking reefraf. 8)
Are those radiums?
If so on what ballasts?

Aquattro
01-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Are those radiums?
If so on what ballasts?

Yup, those are my new Radiums on the Son Agro ballasts. Pictures don't really do them justice though. I wish I had gone to these bulbs a year ago.

BC_Grl
01-04-2003, 01:47 AM
Brad,
This is quite impressive!!! :shock: :D Hope ours will get like that one day. Looks like you're gonna need a bigger tank soon. :lol:
And the lavender cap and flesh coloured one (is that a cap as well? If not, what is its name?) is absolutely cool!

Aquattro
01-04-2003, 01:50 AM
Jeanna, bring some bags over sometime and your's will look very close!! I need to find (local) homes for more frags.

BC_Grl
01-04-2003, 02:31 AM
Hello Brad this is Andy. I need to come over and pick up my overflow box tomorrow .What time in the evenning after work can I come over . jeanna wants to come to and she will be bring her bags. I might just leave her there LOL!!!

Aquattro
01-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Andy, call my cell anytime tomorrow and I'll let you know when I'm home. Jeanna can bring plastic bags, but she needs to go back home with you!! Between my wife and the girls, I'm already outnumbered here!!

EmilyB
01-04-2003, 04:00 AM
Well, I'm pretty fishy, but I must say.....your tank definitely caught hubby's attention..... :shock:

Awesome Brad. I love your tangs :D 8)

Gazza
01-04-2003, 04:02 AM
Nice tank........very impressive. What size is your tank? It seems to be quite tall.
Gazza

Aquattro
01-04-2003, 04:03 AM
Thanks Em...don't tangs make it all worthwhile??? I love them too!!

Gazza, it's 155g, 5 ft x 2ft. high

Mak
01-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Wow looks awesome... very nice growth indeed :!:

Can't wait to see that Orange Cap in a few months :shock: :idea: :!:

Aquattro
01-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Can't wait to see that Orange Cap in a few months

Thanks Mak. You should have seen the cap last week, before someone stepped on it!! Long story , lots of frags :D

StirCrazy
01-04-2003, 06:53 AM

Thanks Mak. You should have seen the cap last week, before someone stepped on it!! Long story , lots of frags :D

I thought you were going to let "HIM" tell the story.. now you let the cat out of the bag..

Steve

Aquattro
01-04-2003, 07:19 AM
HE wasn't fessin' up.

Mak
01-04-2003, 07:19 AM

I thought you were going to let "HIM" tell the story.. now you let the cat out of the bag..

Steve

Ok... What? You gonna leave me hanging?!? :roll:... :lol:

Wanna stick a piece of that in the Mail for me :?: :shock: :D

One_Divided
01-04-2003, 07:31 AM
Yeah Brad, you need to keep your dog locked up or something when you are working on the tank.. That was not cool when he trampled all over the cap! :lol:

BC_Grl
01-04-2003, 07:43 AM
:lol: :lol: That was pretty funny!
Good one, Adam.

Aquattro
01-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Ya, Adam, good one. Seems the dog's footprint matches the bottom of your wet runner!! :D

StirCrazy
01-04-2003, 09:27 AM
I am still trying to figure out how Adam's shoe got in the 20 gal tank when ti was 2 feet away :?

Steve

One_Divided
01-05-2003, 12:53 AM
LMAO :lol:

Mak
01-05-2003, 01:06 AM
:shock: :idea: :shock: :?: LOL... was Adam jealous of your growth? Or did you refuse him a frag of that beauty? :lol:

Aquattro
01-05-2003, 01:22 AM
:shock: :idea: :shock: :?: LOL... was Adam jealous of your growth? Or did you refuse him a frag of that beauty? :lol:

I can't figure that out!! He already had a frag!! Maybe his foot was too warm and he wanted to cool it off!! :P