PDA

View Full Version : stumped...needle valve issues

christyf5
08-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Ok so I thought the needle valve on my old regulator was going down the tubes as it kept turning itself off. I bought a new one and replaced it. However the new one is doing exactly the same. Upon inspection of both (they're exactly the same), I've noticed that there are two "screws" with a washer in between that seem to have no discernable function (to my knowledge) these are just above the black knob that regulates the CO2. As well, on the knob itself there is a tiny spot for maybe a hex or allen key to fit into. Are these important? I can't find a key small enough to fit this spot. My previous reactor was the "set it and forget it" type, this new one is proving to have a difficult "set it" process.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

4ptbuck
08-19-2007, 11:14 PM
R U sure the 2 'screws' aren't 2 nuts with a washer between? If they are 2 nuts, they are used as a locking nut. set your locknut, then turn down the black know so it snug against it. Hope you have the pressure right, if not, repeat...

christyf5
08-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Duh, sorry yeah they are nuts. I meant to type that...really :razz:

I have tried snugging them down to the knob, perhaps I don't have them tight enough, I'll give it another go.

Thanks for the help!! :biggrin:

Captainhemo
08-20-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you've got there but normally the nuts would snug up against the "body" of whatever the knob/shaft is threading into, not up against the knob itself.
Maybe I'm interpeting what you've got there wrong

4ptbuck
08-20-2007, 04:54 AM
I think I've got the same needle valve, and these nuts do snug up against the knob to help 'set' the pressure.

christyf5
08-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeh, there is nothing for the nuts to tighten against except for the knob itself on mine. I really tightened them against the knob this time so cross your fingers! :razz: