PDA

View Full Version : 6 line wrasse

Chowder
08-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Anyone out there have any luck in catching 6 lines . Have been trying to get mine out for the past week. Set up a few traps now and have caught almost all the other fish but the 6 line wrasse. Any ideas ?
Thanks , Chris

Aquattro
08-19-2007, 06:27 PM
I had to feed my tank with a net for a week and eventualy the 6 line swam in. Other than that, drain all the water and pick him up!

bv_reefer
08-19-2007, 06:31 PM
how come you're trying to get him out? -i was gonna get one yesterday, they look so docile and interesting..

surgeonfish
08-19-2007, 09:03 PM
I had one in the past and he was the most decile fish in the tank. A real nice fish.

bv_reefer
08-19-2007, 09:06 PM
ya thats my next one, i have a good top so he can't jump out, from what i've heard there famous for jumping unfortuneately :sad:

Chowder
08-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Any other fish that looks like him or wrasse in that case , he constantly will attack that fish untill it dies. He has taken a liking to sexy shrimp and eaten 8 of them. Just had enough of it and need him out of my display tank. I do have a great home though for him in my grow out tank. Reef Raf I have tried the net feeding will not go near it and have not gotten ****ed enough to drain the tank and scoop him out that way. I used to be able to catch him in a mantis trap (back when he was a model citizen) but he has gotten smart since then. Maybe I'll try fishing this week. Do you think they sell small enough barbless hooks.
Thanks , Chris

Aquattro
08-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Maybe I'll try fishing this week. Do you think they sell small enough barbless hooks.
Thanks , Chris

Tried that one before, doesn't work. Go buy a couple of large garbage cans, siphon tank into them, grab fish, put water back, return garbage cans for refund. Done.

Chowder
08-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Usually when I do a big water change he goes and hides in the rocks. Just not ready to go that route yet.

Aquattro
08-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Good luck to you.

Chowder
08-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Thanks

surgeonfish
08-20-2007, 03:37 AM
I also don't think you will be able to hook him/her. I have had some great success with catching fish from my tank with a hook (don't know why I can't catch a darn thing in the wild). However, the smallest hooks I could find were #16 which are very small, but still probably too big for a your fish. I have cought sergeant majors, other larger damsels, wrasses, box fish (by accident and didn't release any toxins), but nothing that small. Keep trying the traps or else drain the tank.
Good luck

fishytime
08-20-2007, 04:22 AM
Any fly fishing shop that sells fly tying supplies would probably have a hook small enough. Not that I think you should. Though the thought of casting a fly into my cichlid tank has crossed my mind.

seashells
08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Caught mine i a fish trap from King Eds. Just put food in & be Patient.

Chowder
08-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Tried numerous traps and homemade traps. The problem is it never goes near them. It now waites for othrer fish to go in and get the food and it steals it from them. Pretty sure I dealing with a demon spawn hear.
Thank's Chris

scuglass
08-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Sounds like you have done everything short of taking the tops off cranking the heat and waiting for him to jump:-D I had to drain most of the water till mine was cornred in a small pool.... good luck and be patient... I ended up hitting everything in my tank and making a billion frags during the process :mrgreen:

Darth Wader
08-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Oh man I feel your pain. My 6 line is the worst fish ever. I tried to catch him and ended up stressing out all my other fish so I just left him. I hate that fish, it beats up on everybody, not to mention my hammer coral he ate. If you get him out let me know how you did it so I can try the same approach.