PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Aquaclear 200 or 300

Delphinus
01-02-2003, 04:25 PM
Does anyone have an unused Aquaclear 200 or 300 lying around that they'd want to get rid of?

Bob I
01-02-2003, 04:56 PM
I don't have an unused one, but Pisces has always had the best prices on Aquaclears. A 200 should be about $26.95. For some reason a 300 is about $46.00. I am going there in a couple of hours. Do you want me to confirm. or pick one up?

I have a 200 sitting around not doing anything at the moment. Do you want to borrow it?

Delphinus
01-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Still holding out for a used Aquaclear, I just want it for running carbon so my preference is to buy a lonely unused filter that someone doesn't need anymore and just has lying around and their significant other is saying something like "Why are you hanging onto that thing when you're no longer using it" and then you could say "I've been hanging onto it so I can sell it to Tony." .... :mrgreen:

So ... anyways .... if you have one you want to sell please contact me. Thanks...

reefburnaby
01-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Hi,

You probably want something smaller than a 200 or 300 for Carbon. The supposed flow rate for effective carbon use is 50 gph...so that's the smallest one. For more effective use of carbon, something like Fluval 1 is more effective. That information is based on some articles on RC and Aquarium Frontier - that article also discusses the how much carbon is truly required to effective remove DOC. It is much less than one thinks - a tblspoon per month is good enough for a <50 gal.

- Victor.

Delphinus
01-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm still holding out for a used 200 or 300, however. It's actually the size of the filter footprint that I'm after, not so much the flowrate/throughput (since they can be throttled down somewhat). A small amount of carbon in a thin layer, rather than the same amount in a smaller footprint in a thicker layer (I'm currently using a 150).

Anyone? Nobody has a used aquaclear? I can't stand this carbon in a baffle anymore, it screws up the levels in my sump too much.

Bob I
01-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Hi,

DOC. - Victor. :?: :?: :?:

Samw
01-02-2003, 10:22 PM
Hi,

You probably want something smaller than a 200 or 300 for Carbon. The supposed flow rate for effective carbon use is 50 gph...so that's the smallest one. For more effective use of carbon, something like Fluval 1 is more effective. That information is based on some articles on RC and Aquarium Frontier - that article also discusses the how much carbon is truly required to effective remove DOC. It is much less than one thinks - a tblspoon per month is good enough for a <50 gal.

- Victor.

Well, I've got a Fluval 2 Plus Underwater Filter for sale. Its got a flow control to reduce the flow. Its an internal filter though.

http://www.hagen.com/canada/english/publicity/aquatic/fluval_underwater.html

$27 shipping included

Samw
01-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Hi,

My guess is Dissolved organics contaminants?

whaase
01-02-2003, 11:51 PM
I have a 300 I'm not using, nor will I be. E-mail me.

Walter

whadmin@shaw.ca

Bob I
01-02-2003, 11:59 PM
Hi,

My guess is Dissolved organics contaminants?

I was thinking Disturbed Old Codgers :?: :?:

Delphinus
01-03-2003, 06:24 AM
Thanks for all the replies and offers .... I currently have a deal pending. :)

MitchM
01-03-2003, 09:24 AM
Hi,

Bob, DOC stands for Dissolved Organic Carbon, and sometimes people use it for Dissolved Organic Compounds too. It's basically what a skimmer removes from the water.

Mitch :wink:

StirCrazy
01-03-2003, 01:20 PM
I was thinking Disturbed Old Codgers :?: :?:

Oh Bob, why does everything have to be about you :roll:

:wink: :lol: :D

Steve