PDA

View Full Version : Sick cat jumping fish

ReefJunkie
08-17-2007, 04:30 AM
So the other morning about 5am I awoke to my cat getting sick, its always the same thing, puke on the wood not the carpet!! I jump up out of bed and go searching for the cat with the wife in tow, we find the cat and clean up her mess and everything is peachy. We check out the fish tank as we are going back to bed and she (wife) hears something behind the fish tank!? Low and behold theres our pygmy angel behind the tank flapping against the wall so she fishes it out, dried out and covered in cat hair. I put it in a measuring cup with tank water and he was just floating on its side so I pulled off all the cat hair and grabbed it by the tail and started fish cpr, after about a minute of cpr it came back to life and started swimming in the cup. Threw him back in the tank and its like nothin happened, he's happy as can be. Wierd huh, we were so lucky the cat was getting sick at 5 in the morning.

fishoholic
08-17-2007, 12:34 PM
WOW I'm glad your fish is ok. Out of curiosity how do you do fish cpr?

digital-audiophile
08-17-2007, 12:40 PM
WOW I'm glad your fish is ok. Out of curiosity how do you do fish cpr?

LOL!! I am wondering the same thing. :p

ReefJunkie
08-17-2007, 03:02 PM
haha, just like fishing at the river, I grabbed him by the tail and began pulling him back and forth working his gills

muck
08-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Ive had to do that a couple times over the years as well.
Strange but it really does help. Glad you fish was ok. :)

fortheloveofcrabs
08-17-2007, 05:03 PM
", I grabbed him by the tail and began pulling him back and forth working his gills"

That's quite something! HA! Tip of the week! :)

Captainhemo
08-17-2007, 07:24 PM
", I grabbed him by the tail and began pulling him back and forth working his gills"

That's quite something! HA! Tip of the week! :)

When I lived over in Sooke and did alot of salmon fishing, it wasn't ucommon to have to do this for several minutes to revive a large fish. It's pretty neat to experience hanging onto a large salmon by the tail and having him " come back to life" then swim away with one strong thrust of it's tail :D

LOL, glad to hear your angel did the same !!