PDA

View Full Version : need help

saltynuts
08-16-2007, 10:25 PM
i have lots of zoo,s
i can,t remember what the bug is that eats them nuni something.
how do you kill them of what eats them.
thanks for the time!

saltynuts
08-16-2007, 10:52 PM
just looked on rc and found some good reads.
look out reef werkz i need some stuff!

michika
08-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Too bad RW is closed tonight...

Rippin
08-17-2007, 01:32 AM
I don't know if it's possible for you but a freshwater (same temperature as tank temperature) dip for 3 minutes will kill the nudibranches (and any other inverts) but will not harm the zoas. But if the zoas are on large pieces of rock then you will not be able to do that as you'd destroy too much of the beneficial bacteria and creatures in it. The freshwater dip will only kill hatched nudibranches. Any eggs may still survive.

Good luck.

ReefJunkie
08-17-2007, 03:57 AM
I had a nudi problem in my 20 gal frag tank, I tried freshwater dips but found it stressfull on the frags. After that I just used airline tube and syphoned them out manually, mostly zoa frags so I would suck em off in the morning before they opened up. After about a week there were none to be found.

michika
08-17-2007, 04:40 AM
Ed,

This stuff should work, Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure (http://www.tropic-marin.com/web/english/produkte/pro-coral-cure.htm)

I dip my SPS in it before and after they enter and leave my system. Let me know if your going to be around this weeked, I'll let you borrow my bottle.

kadaytar
08-17-2007, 05:18 AM
You can suck them off. or 5-10 minutes of freshwater dip will kill the nudibranches. If you can adjust the pH of freshwater zoas won't get stressed out that much. If you shake the rock well the dead ones will drop from the rock. Also you should scrape the egg sacs othervise even if you kill nudies eggs will hatch.Freshwater dip don't kill the eggs. I haven't heard any other working ways to fight with nudibranch.

justinl
08-17-2007, 05:23 AM
have you tried manual removal yet? i always suggest doing a "natural" method before resorting to some nasty chemical in a bottle.

as was suggested, why not do a brief freshwater dip, shake the zoos to get rid of the dead and scrape off the eggs (little white donut shaped things)? repeat the process every few days for a few weeks.

rigger11
08-17-2007, 08:59 AM
dude where did these come from?????

michika
08-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Pictures?