PDA

View Full Version : 100% Organic ICH-ATTACK

Redrover
08-09-2007, 06:02 AM
:twised: Awhile back my orange shoulder tang had two spots [ Ich ] to make a long story shot I used the above product. On the bottle one should use one teaspoon per ten gallons, at that point I was advised to cut that by a third, I did even better as this is new. I used two teaspoons for 120gal main tank, next morning got up to seven corals shriveled up. After two days [ 20% water change ] lost two and three hopefully will make it, one cap has turned chocolate brown..edges a lite color...Bottle reads as follows:
Safe for use in all kinds of aquariums, fresh or saltwater "including Reef and Live Rock " I don't find this to be true...Have added a bag of Chemi-Clean to sump
Yes all fish and critters are fine.
"NOT A HAPPY CAMPER !"
RJ

Chaloupa
08-09-2007, 06:51 AM
OH NO...that is awful! I feel for you..I used a similar product and I lost all the fish...it was awful!

justinl
08-09-2007, 07:03 AM
100% organic? i wonder what's in it? i dont know of much organic stuff that would specifically target a specific organism of choice (like ich). honestly, im quite skeptical of most anything that is labelled "organic" nowadays as it is just used as a buzz word right now.

Redrover
08-09-2007, 07:41 AM
I believe it could have been the smell...it had a strong kick to it
Contents:
5% active ingredients [ multiple natural herbals containing Naphthoquinone
95% inert ingredients

skylord
08-09-2007, 08:37 AM
That stuff is bad news.....the warning label shows a fish belly up and the skull and cross bones. Very toxic to the environment. Its used for pharmaceuticals.

http://www.physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/NA/1,4-naphthoquinone.html

Scott

blaster
08-09-2007, 12:14 PM
So did it work against ich?

Redrover
08-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry Scott, you have the wrong stuff...product of Kordon-aquaherbals
sold at fish stores, no pic's of belly up fish..skull or crossbones period
It has the same product you talking about...so why is this stuff used to kill Ich...I sure hope everyone reads this site you have posted and thanks for the info...I'll pass this on and I would like to know why this chem. or whatever it is, used in this product

Blaster only used one time, forget the rest of the week, left temp up [ 82 ]
so far no Ich

Der_Iron_Chef
08-09-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry for your losses :( I'm very skeptical of anything that claims to be reef safe. I used a product to beat cyano about 10 months ago, and it killed 3 of my fish and two of my corals.

Never again!

michika
08-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh am I ever glad I avoided that brand now. Someone tried to sell its algae counterpart to me. I am so sorry that this happened though.

danny zubot
08-09-2007, 03:05 PM
I guess as consumers we are brainwashed into believing that these convenience products actual work. In my experinece with Ick meds, none of them actually work. Nothing beats a good Q-tank for hypo-salinty treatment. Sorry to hear about your luck.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
It actually works great for ick in freshwater. Did one treatment on my discus tank last year & cleared it all right up completely, without any negative side-effects on fish or plants (and discus are very sensitive fw fish too). I also used it recently on Irene's fancy goldfish cube tank & again, great on ick. The black moor was on death's door & now its happy as can be. No signs of ick at all after a few days.

At the same time, I don't trust any "reef-safe" or non-reef-safe chemicals for treating disease in my reef tanks. Never really heard of any that have been true to the marketing claims. I may do it in a separate QT tank, with a disposable piece of base live rock but not in my display tanks. Especially not with corals or inverts.

Thanks for sharing your experience, so we can learn from it.

Anthony

andresont
08-09-2007, 08:14 PM
The best thing for ich so far for my tank was garlic drops i just soak frozen food in it and ick goes away next day. i use twice the dose btw.
Neon blue tank rased gobes are mostly geting the ich, wild fish are OK.
jm2cw

fishoholic
08-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I guess as consumers we are brainwashed into believing that these convenience products actual work. In my experinece with Ick meds, none of them actually work. Nothing beats a good Q-tank for hypo-salinty treatment. Sorry to hear about your luck.

That's what always works perfectly for me:biggrin: best way to get rid of ich IMO

Redrover
08-09-2007, 09:55 PM
:twised: I have had Ich a number of years ago and turning temp up to 82 for one week...this worked for me, now just my luck, awoke around five this morning to the smell of wire burning, first place I checked you guessed it my tank.
Fuse had blown on the chiller, but why? Disconnect chiller and uplugged heater...wanted to keep tank temp up, so plugged into power bar, then bang, no more heater and all the crap from the heater now in the sump. Now I have Chemi-Clean plus three bags of Carbon in the sump. Alot of the corals look pretty sad...If doesn't rain it pours [ Yike ]
Have been feeding garlic since I got into saltwater...Like I said the temp has worked for me but I thought I would try this other, what I will call crap, what a screw up !

" Express Lane : Five Beers or Less "

fishoholic
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
That really sucks, good luck with everything.

Haloreef
08-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Hi guys.
I have only been keeping a reef for the last 3 years, so I am no expert by any meens.
In those years I have had ich twice ( both times from bringing home just one more tang). In both cases I use a product called "No Sick Fish" and followed the instructions. Seven days later, no ich. There were no adverse affects to my, sps, lps, clams or leathers. The shrimp, crabs and snails seemed not to notice either.

In short it worked for me.
If asked, I would recomend this product.
A little pricey though, $65 for a tiny little bottle!

Just my opinion.

Redrover
08-10-2007, 07:30 PM
I agree...have used it in the past...here in BC it has been pulled from the market as many other med's also pulled...a complaint was made by a parent because there kid got a rash, which in turn was blamed on this product, to which all med's where removed...This was told to myself by the store I use.
Great deal for $65...I paid $86 three years back ?

" Make love not war, do both get married "

super7
08-23-2007, 01:52 AM
What Redrover said was true, most USA companies don't want to buy A DIN number or something like it so the products are getting pulled, like kick ich that is actually reef safe and works great, only prob is the treatment time takes a long time.

michika
08-23-2007, 02:38 AM
...a complaint was made by a parent because there kid got a rash, which in turn was blamed on this product, to which all med's where removed...

Sounds to me like someone wasn't supervising their child. That or the "child" wasn't really young, and failed to read and or educate themselves on proper application techniques. If that is the only reason that above product was pulled then I think its a pretty poor one. The failure of a parent to supervise and or teach their child how to handle semi-dangerous products, shouldn't make useful products inacessible for others!

Redrover
08-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Catherine the product I used was called " ORGANIC ! ICH-ATTACK "
Organic products are not being pulled...If one looks up the Naphthoquinone, one of the ingredients they will show you a skill and crossbones, also a fish belly up. The store I deal with can only sell organic, they can not sell other med's
I've heard it works in freshwater, why I don't know.:evil:

Naphthoquinone web site read article : Safety Data

Redrover
08-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Price's: " no-sick-fish...$86...two years back
" Organic ICH-ATTACK...$9.99 :morning:
Quite the price range say what...

Redrover
08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Redrover_02/DSCN0016.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Redrover_02/DSCN0015.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/Redrover_02/DSCN0014.jpg

Dam..Dam this is the damage done when using the above product.
I noticed a change in a number of corals next morning...then my heater went for a crap.:onfire: