PDA

View Full Version : Mantis question

fishoholic
08-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Our mantis lives in our sump. We put him in the refuge side with sand, LR, and cheato and a light over top. The cheato took over the place and I guess our mantis didn't like that because he moved to a smaller section of the sump where there is one large piece of LR on one side and a mag. 9 pump on the other luckily the pump has a foam cover. My question is do you think he'll be ok in there? He's been in there for 3 weeks and has seemed to have made a home in the LR and he's eating well, so that's good but don't mantis like sand on the bottom? That part of the sump doesn't have any sand. Also I'm worried that he'll go over the glass barrier to the other side and get sucked into the skimmer :sad: Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks Laurie

Aquattro
08-08-2007, 03:22 AM
If there is a pump he can get sucked into, he'll find it. Make sure they all have gaurds and he'll be fine.

Der_Iron_Chef
08-08-2007, 04:24 AM
I think you should give it to me. Yup...best idea, for sure :)

justinl
08-08-2007, 05:31 AM
if all the intakes have covers then it should be fine. if they dont have covers then find/make some. if the mantis's burrow is IN the rock and not under it then it should be just fine with BB.

fishoholic
08-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Fairly certain everything has guards and or covers on it but I'll double check and make sure they do.

The hole/home the mantis made for himself is in the LR at the top of the rock, tunneling down inside of it. So that's good to hear that BB should be ok.

Drew :lol: nice try :wink:

Der_Iron_Chef
08-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Well, a guy can try :D

Good luck!