PDA

View Full Version : HELP! BTA sucked into AC110, super cloudy water

likwid
08-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey guys,

I woke up this morning to an extremely cloudy tank with little white pieces floating around everywhere. I looked at the intake tube for my AC110 and whats left of my bubble tip anemone is stuck to it. I removed its mangled body and did a 50% water change trying to scoop up all of his remains floating on the surface and glass. Even after this big waterchange my tank is still cloudy as hell. What do I do? Will this settle?

fishspun
08-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Perhaps try to add a little carbon to help clear the water.

Redrover
08-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Maybe run a sock at the end of your overflow pipe...just a though

Quagmire
08-07-2007, 11:20 PM
If you can run carbon,do so.A stressed anemone will release chemicals and nemocysts into the water.A dieing anemone can kill your tank fast if you are unlucky.If you have no carbon,do large(50% or more) water changes until the water clears.

likwid
08-08-2007, 02:30 PM
I have been running carbon since it happened a few days ago, and have done countless water changes, but it is still a little cloudy

Chad
08-08-2007, 11:10 PM
My Rose BTA got sucked into my Tunze twice in the past month! The first time it got ripped to shreds nicely. He crawled out on his own but the tank was going blastic. Did a massive water change etc, ran carbon. The tank skimmer etc returned to normal after about 4 days. The rose then hid for a while, then one day I had two Roses BTA's.. Then a day after the largest of the two decided to go into the Tunze again. Turned it off, and again he crawled out on his own. Needless to say.. I wasn't too happy with how my month has been going :)

Currently I have two healthy Rose BTA's now. fully recovered it seems and eating well. yay! :)

Hopefuly your tank clears up for you.