PDA

View Full Version : Puffer community 200 gallon

rudy
08-05-2007, 12:43 AM
So I am seriously trying to get my wife to buy into this in our home. I have her sold on the longhorn box fish. Wondering what other fish I could add. I was thinking a puffer community would be seriously cool. Would this work?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-05-2007, 01:47 AM
In my fowlr, I have a little longhorn cowfish, picasso (humu humu) trigger, and porcupine puffer. They seem to be getting along so far.

justinl
08-05-2007, 06:39 PM
i wuold be quite hesitant with that idea. though true that some puffers can tolerate eachother fairly well, they dont love each other by any means. in your case 3 individuals (different species) is fine, more is pushing it imo.

Skimmer Juice
08-06-2007, 04:52 AM
I have 2 porcupines, a mappa puffer and a dogface puffer, I think as long as you get them all near the same size you have less chance of them fighting, and aslong as you have space and lots of places for them tosleep they should be fine. O yeahh be carful at feeding time.

GreenSpottedPuffer
08-21-2007, 05:34 AM
I have 2 porcupines, a mappa puffer and a dogface puffer, I think as long as you get them all near the same size you have less chance of them fighting, and aslong as you have space and lots of places for them tosleep they should be fine. O yeahh be carful at feeding time.

WOW! What size tank is that???

bubblepuffer
08-21-2007, 06:22 PM
I got a Porcuppine Puffer, Green spot puffer, Stats & Stripes puffer, yellow tang, Hippo tang, Copper Band, Linkia Star fish, Urchins in a tank

Der_Iron_Chef
08-21-2007, 06:47 PM
That's a lot of poop! There's a guy on RC whose handle is "boxfishpoopalot"...heh. Anyway, I digress....

GreenSpottedPuffer
08-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I got a Porcuppine Puffer, Green spot puffer, Stats & Stripes puffer, yellow tang, Hippo tang, Copper Band, Linkia Star fish, Urchins in a tank

Wow...that a huge bio load too with many fish that get well over a foot long! Must be a nice looking tank. What size is that one?