PDA

View Full Version : Who gives the best credit for Frags ??

Renegade
08-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Hey was just wondering what LFS in GVRD gives the best trade in on frags or are they pretty equal ?? also what size is a good frag size. I know when i buy them from fellow reefers were pretty generious with each other and give a pretty decent size, buy how big do you let things get before taking them in ???

Kyle

fishface
08-03-2007, 02:36 AM
from my experience, talk to the shop to see how they like to see them presented. for instance, some shops don't like them mounted, or they like them mounted in a specific manner. also, if you give them something they consider to be too big they will just refrag what you consider to be a single frag. talk to them before you show up and make sure the person who prices them will be there otherwise it could be a wasted trip.

happy fraggin'

justinl
08-03-2007, 02:39 AM
to be honest i think selling to an lfs is just a waste really. I find it much easier to just sell it to a fellow reefer (like on canreef). often you can get a higher price (depending on what you want for it and what it is) than if you sold to an lfs. you also get to put a face to the names you see on here and, if you want, you can get the buyer to visit you thus saving you a trip.

fishface
08-03-2007, 02:43 AM
i find it waaay easier to go to the lfs...i found that i get equal value and don't have to "schedule" my day to accommodate several parties, some which are late, don't show or whatever other excuse they may have. that said, there's always they exception as well and enjoy selling to the occasional reefer now and again.

niloc16
08-03-2007, 03:00 AM
i agree darryl, its a lot of work trying to schedule times and most times it doesnt work out

michika
08-03-2007, 03:15 AM
I have to say I prefer to sell to other reefers because when you trade with them in return you often reap the rewards. Although like its been mentioned the considerable prevalence of tirekickers detracts from some of the benefits.