bv_reefer
08-02-2007, 09:49 PM
-i'm gonna get a tomato clown in another week or so and was wondering if
the tomato clown would host a pulsing xenia cuz i don't have any anemones
yet, i've heard of it happen before but did anyone have any luck with this
host relationship? -by the way the xenia's only 2'' long-

Moogled
08-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Why would you want to do this specifically?

Clownfish host in whatever they want. Some host in featherdusters, GSP, donut corals. ANYTHING is a possibility.

Hope that answers your question.

Redrover
08-02-2007, 10:12 PM
" Yike"....I believe before asking such a "question" one should go on the internet, type in "clown fish" and like everything else to do with this hobby,you can get all the answers. I have a mated per of tomato clowns, you can't show them where and what to host in. They change as they see fit, as Moogled just tried to explain

bv_reefer
08-02-2007, 10:14 PM
-k thanx, (not really that abnormal a question, clownfish have 2 do with a reef and so do xenia, so i put it under reef..)
and no moogled nothing in specific i want 2 do, just wondering if u've ever had it happen in ur tank

Mik_101
08-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Isn't this whole hobby about reading and asking questions allot? its a forum thats what it's for asking and answering questions.

digital-audiophile
08-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Read first, ask questions later if you cannot find what you need. The search function on canreef brings up lots of information. Chances are 90% of questions people ask have been answered before.

Rippin
08-03-2007, 12:44 AM
The problem I see with clown fish hosting in corals is that the corals may not be used to that type of activity. This may be detrimental to the coral.

I WOULDN'T want my clown to host in my corals, for fear that it might damage and hurt the coral. With that said, I don't have a say in it. The clown will do what it wants to do.:mrgreen:

I have an abundance of Xenia and the clown never looked twice at it. It seems to like the GSP, though. But once I put in the BTA, there was no love for any of the corals.

bv_reefer
08-03-2007, 03:01 AM
-ya not that i want it 2 host the coral but whatever it decides is its choice
-o by the way digital-audiophile i'd have to be completely brainless 2 look for
an old thread for an hour when i can post a new thread in a minute:lol: