PDA

View Full Version : Saw the most awesomest thing last night

fkshiu
08-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Peeked in with the moonlights on and see a bunch of my scarlet hermits congregating at the top of one of the rock structures which was a bit unusual since they don't go up that high very often.

Then I see one of them looking like it's trying to pop out of its shell. I though it was molting, but then zillions of little baby hermits can flooding out! A great sight in see in the "moonlight" and it was midnight snacking time for everyone else.

Der_Iron_Chef
08-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Crazy little cannibals. Cool :)

Moogled
08-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Textbook horror movie moment.

bv_reefer
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
-any survivors?

Pier Pressure
08-02-2007, 07:44 PM
That is so totally cool. Too bad you could not have syphoned them out into a breeder net and raised them. That would be some cool pictures, and you could sell hermit babies to us!

Mik_101
08-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Yah that sucks ks that you didn't scoop them up and put the in a brreder tank to raise them.

justinl
08-02-2007, 08:07 PM
sweeet. that woulda been something to see for sure.

fkshiu
08-02-2007, 10:22 PM
I briefly thought about scooping some up but attempting to raise even a few would be near impossible on several levels.

I think they were at the top of the rock because that's were the current is greatest. The babies had dispersed everywhere throughout the tank in a few moments. And even if I were lucky enough to scoop a few up with a brine shrimp net, I'm not really equipped at the moment to set up a breeder. Even then I have no idea what to feed them - maybe phyto? They were the size of baby brine shrimp!

Tried to take a few pics but my crappy old Canon A40 couldn't take a good macro shot to save its life.