PDA

View Full Version : Crab/shrimp trap

Fishfanatic
08-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Hey does anyone have a crab or shrimp trap I can buy or borrow, I can hear clicking at night so I may have a mantis and I know for sure I have a huge hitch hiker crab thats eating my snails.

krisalexander
08-01-2007, 03:50 AM
they are pretty easy to make, what i did is took a margerine container cut an X on the lid but some food in it, tied some fishing line to it and set it in my tank when the lights went out (i turned them off a little early) and then about 3 hours later when the room was dark i saw things crawling around and when i spied it go into the container lifted up the line and it was caught

hope that helps
kris

Joe Reefer
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
I have a trap you could borrow. Shoot me a pm.

muck
08-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I have a trap you could borrow. Shoot me a pm.
Just so's you know...I think its still at my place Lando. :razz:

Oscar
02-13-2012, 06:03 PM
they are pretty easy to make, what i did is took a margerine container cut an X on the lid but some food in it, tied some fishing line to it and set it in my tank when the lights went out (i turned them off a little early) and then about 3 hours later when the room was dark i saw things crawling around and when i spied it go into the container lifted up the line and it was caught

hope that helps
kris

When I first set up my tank I foolishly brought home a "reef lobster". I am tired of this guy killing anything that moves. He's gotta go.

Would this technique work?

jakejake
02-13-2012, 06:11 PM
need to catch a pistol , dont want to tear my tank apart.
any ideas on catching it.

WindowMaker
02-13-2012, 10:15 PM
I'd love to see some pics ,I have a sally that needs to go!

WindowMaker
02-14-2012, 02:49 AM
Couldn't sleep, got fed up, ripped tank apart. That will teach the little bugger!

Oscar
02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Couldn't sleep, got fed up, ripped tank apart. That will teach the little bugger!

that's one way to do it.

reefwars
02-14-2012, 01:21 PM
good luck catchng a mantis in a trap, i never could..... i find they are to smart. a bath of the rock in soda does the trick very fast muahahah:twised::twised: