PDA

View Full Version : LF Realy good flow powerhead

Mik_101
07-30-2007, 06:05 AM
Hi all.
I am looking for a powerhead with over 350 gph. I would like to get either a Koralia Powerhead, Rio Hyperflow or something like those.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Recommend the Koralias. Go to OA for one, since you're probably closest to them and are too young to drive. Or Roger's.

Mik_101
07-30-2007, 06:59 AM
Lol i have my dad as a driver(and brother and mom):biggrin:

michika
07-30-2007, 01:52 PM
I second the hydor koralia, awesome pump, low cost, and it does a lot of flow for a little powerhead!

digital-audiophile
07-30-2007, 01:56 PM
The koralia is great. For the price you cannot beat it!

Mik_101
07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
What is the recomended flow for what will be a sps tank starting soon(few weeks). so far I have a MJ 1200 at 295 ghp and a my return at about 75 gph.

digital-audiophile
07-30-2007, 02:31 PM
What is the recomended flow for what will be a sps tank starting soon(few weeks). so far I have a MJ 1200 at 295 ghp and a my return at about 75 gph.

SPS like lots of flow, and not just plain straight linear flow, it needs to be changing and surging and twisting and moving.

Just a piece of advice, really, you seem to be very inexperienced with this hobby, do you really want to waste a lot of money killing off SPS. Even the most advaned reefers here have a hard time with SPS. I know you are young and I would hate to see you drop $100 on a piece of SPS and just have it RTN a day later.

michika
07-30-2007, 03:14 PM
If your really set on SPS, try a simpler SPS first, like birds nest. Try for a cheap frag from a local, its a better (cheaper) way to try out sps without waiting for months on a waiting list, or shelling out tons of money for a frag that may RTN on you.

I agree with digital_audiophile in regards to flow, you will need varied, and strong flow within your tank. The hydor works really well, so does tunze products so I hear.

Mik_101
07-30-2007, 07:33 PM
SPS like lots of flow, and not just plain straight linear flow, it needs to be changing and surging and twisting and moving.

Just a piece of advice, really, you seem to be very inexperienced with this hobby, do you really want to waste a lot of money killing off SPS. Even the most advaned reefers here have a hard time with SPS. I know you are young and I would hate to see you drop $100 on a piece of SPS and just have it RTN a day later.

Well Ihave sps now and they are happy and not RTN.

skylord
07-30-2007, 08:01 PM
I have 3 tunze nano streams and 1 hydor koralia #4 and for about half the price the koralia out performs the Tunze and it seems they put a little more thought into their design than Tunze did.

Scott

Mik_101
08-02-2007, 09:34 PM
I have 3 tunze nano streams and 1 hydor koralia #4 and for about half the price the koralia out performs the Tunze and it seems they put a little more thought into their design than Tunze did.

Scott

im getting the nao strem as well as the koralia#3 or 4 to mxamize flow in my tank. My plan is to put the nano strem and koralia on the ide of the tank and the MJ1200 on th back of the tank along with my return pump witch will give round 2000 gph.

Zoaelite
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
The following words in your paragraph are incorrectly spelled or are in need of some massive gramerical assistance.

im getting the nao strem as well as the koralia#3 or 4 to mxamize flow in my tank. My plan is to put the nano strem and koralia on the ide of the tank and the MJ1200 on th back of the tank along with my return pump witch will give round 2000 gph.

Now I understand that your young (And so am I, only 17) and that 1 or 2 incorrectly spelled words are ok but PLEASE use the spell check or atleast review your posts.
Levi:smile:

Mik_101
08-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Oh come on you know what I ment by mxamize nano strem witch and round.
PS thanks fpr the reminder and english is not my first langouage.

bv_reefer
08-02-2007, 10:23 PM
-lol, oh well ppl rush when they put forums what can u do:lol:

Doug
08-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Please note from forum guidelines;

"Please keep cross chatter and discussion to a minimum.
If you don't like a price, but are interested in buying an item, please PM your offer to the seller. Actually, in general, please use PM's to price negotiate, it's just good nettiquette. Also please be mindful of going off on tangents or topics irrelevant to the sale, these can tend to dilute the purpose of the thread, which in this case is a sale of an item."

I posted this for a general reminder and not directed at anyone in particular. Buy/sell threads should be used for that purpose only.

Thanks

Mik_101
08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Please note from forum guidelines;

"Please keep cross chatter and discussion to a minimum.
If you don't like a price, but are interested in buying an item, please PM your offer to the seller. Actually, in general, please use PM's to price negotiate, it's just good nettiquette. Also please be mindful of going off on tangents or topics irrelevant to the sale, these can tend to dilute the purpose of the thread, which in this case is a sale of an item."

I posted this for a general reminder and not directed at anyone in particular. Buy/sell threads should be used for that purpose only.

Thanks

Yhank you doug I dident post this to ba harrased because of my spelling and thanks for putting it back on topic.