PDA

View Full Version : Elite got in some really nice anemones last night

digital-audiophile
07-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I picked up a beautifull blue/green w/pink tip BTA. It climbed up to the top of the tank and opened up overnight, just awesome!

Colby has I think 2 more more the same as what I purchased, a couple other color morphs and two large RBTA's.

The showstoppers though are two very stunning purple ritteri anemones! They are smaller sized - with maybe 2" oral disks but they will take your breath away!

I really struggled not to buy one as I have been thinking about getting a ritteri but with Tony's help and advice and a lot of research on the web I just don't have the space or resources to care for this animal long term.. but I tell you what, if you do have the right set up already, or are looking for a ritteri only tank, rush out and grab one of these guys, they are to die for!! (and you have to let me see it when it grows up because I am really curious if they will hold their amazing purple coloration as they grow)

- I hate sounding like an advertisement becuase that's not what this is :p Last night I really just stopped in to get an algae scrapper and made the "mistake" of walking down the fish isle :p I really need to stop doing that! And I didn't even walk out with a scraper because he was out of stock on the one I wanted! lol!

spikehs
07-28-2007, 03:44 AM
thanks for the heads up! I went and picked up one of the blue/green bta's. Its awsome... its not fully expanded yet, but its got a blue/green/gray hue to it, with BRIGHT pink tips. It looks awsome. I'll take a pic when its full acclimated. I'd recommend getting the last one, as these are really nice. $50 w/ taxes.

digital-audiophile
07-28-2007, 03:51 AM
Sweet! I'm glad you saw them and liked it enough to buy one :) At $50 it was a steal IMHO. How did the RBTA's look? They were just peaking out last night and from what I saw they looked like a really nice red.

Were both ritteri's still there? Amazing colour on those eh?

Delphinus
07-28-2007, 05:34 AM
The rose I saw was an incredibly rich red colour. Very nice.

I'm fairly certain that the ritteri's are small sebae's though. SPECTACULAR purple on them. :)

spikehs
07-28-2007, 05:31 PM
aggggg, took a quick peak at my tank to see where the anemone had settled in and found that it settled into the hydro powerhead! arg, I managed to get it out, and it looks like it should be ok, although its not expandin too much at the moment (lights are off too).. Hopefully it recovers fine or i'll be ****ed.

digital-audiophile
07-28-2007, 05:42 PM
:( I hope it is ok and didn't get hurt too much.

Zoaelite
07-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Im going to talk to Colby at elite and see if he can start an account for himself on here. Hes a great resource for everyone in the south (Seeing as there is realy only him down here) and he is an EXPERT in both Salt and Freshwater. I recommend him and Elite aquatics to anyone looking for a LFS.
Levi

Der_Iron_Chef
07-28-2007, 06:01 PM
He does have an account here, but rarely uses it (from what I understand). His username is "little_c".

maxxxim
07-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Im going to talk to Colby at elite and see if he can start an account for himself on here. Hes a great resource for everyone in the south (Seeing as there is realy only him down here) and he is an EXPERT in both Salt and Freshwater. I recommend him and Elite aquatics to anyone looking for a LFS.
Levi

Agreed. Great guy to go to for advice and help, well thats what I do anyways hahah. I saw the BTAs today and they are sweet. The colours are amazing. Ohhh and Levi, I think we used to work together.

Skimmer Juice
07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
I find him to be a little rude just like wai. If you dont buy anything he does not seem to want anything to do with you. Just my opinion.

spikehs
07-31-2007, 05:30 PM
:( I hope it is ok and didn't get hurt too much.

pulled through fine! its eating nicely now.

digital-audiophile
07-31-2007, 05:44 PM
Good to hear! :)

Der_Iron_Chef
07-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah, those RBTAs were SICK. The colour...just beautiful. And the little purple guys....gorgeous as well!

Did anyone see the yellow anemone Wai's has? Very cool too!

spikehs
07-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah, those RBTAs were SICK. The colour...just beautiful. And the little purple guys....gorgeous as well!

Did anyone see the yellow anemone Wai's has? Very cool too!

what kind were they? assume not bta....

digital-audiophile
07-31-2007, 09:31 PM
I haven't been to wais in a while, perhaps I need to take the wife for a milkshake at Peters and "accidentally" walk over to wais.

Paverdude
08-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Anyone know if he has a web site?

MikeP
08-01-2007, 04:21 AM
Don't think so.

digital-audiophile
08-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I don't think he has one right now, Danny Wai (the other part owner of the store) has one for his shop but it's pretty basic and I thnk it was last updated in the 90's :p