PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm...This is a new learning lesson

Jenndarlin
07-22-2007, 09:01 PM
So, I have this beautiful trianular rock that had a lot of holes in which I decided I was going to use for my zoo garden.... The rock is about 6" wide at the base of the triangle. My beautiful WBT Anenome has decided that he wants to live underneath this rock so now I have to flip it over. I have been able to extract about 8 of the different zoo's from teh rock as they were glued on to small bases that were just sitting in holes but I have one set of zoo's (pic attached) that is really really well attached in the rock. This is my # 1 favorite zoo's (murphy's law).

So my question is how do I get it out of there, or am i best to flip the rock over, try to move the anenome and then flip it back.

I went and bought some reef glue yesterday and i grabbed a handful of little rubble pieces to glue a few other things that are "loose" or going to attach to huge rocks which I don't want so I'm going to do that to some other things this afternoon but any advice on removing the zoo's from that rock would be really helpful.

Thanx
Jenn

Farrmanchu
07-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Get under them with something sharp and sturdy, like a chisel. Scrape off a thin layer of rock with the Zoas on it, this way the flesh is undisturbed. Be careful not to slip and cut yourself or the Zoas. Take your time, you should be able to get them off it one piece, and you can glue the thin layer of rock to something else.