PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrr or not??????

fishoholic
07-21-2007, 02:32 AM
Can someone please tell my new whitetail pygmy angel to stop eating my zoos!!!! I know I took a risk getting him but apparently he didn't get my memo about the zoos being off limits!!! :lol: PS anyone interested in this type of angelfish, that lives in Edmonton? Because if he doesn't magically stop eating zoos I will have to sell him:sad: Update: So far so good (maybe the "don't eat the zoos" vibes people are sending is actually working) , still don't understand how my zoos seem fine now, however I will be keeping a close eye on him.

bv_reefer
07-21-2007, 02:36 AM
-what kind of light are u using for the zoa's cuz i wudn't mind gettin' my
hands on a couple,brilliant colors:mrgreen: -i got 2-70 watt HQI's (D.ended)

fishoholic
07-21-2007, 05:12 AM
The weirdest thing, I looked at the zoas I saw our angel fish munch on (I swear I watched him eating/nipping at the stringy part around the outside of the zoa) and they are all open and looking fine????? This is a good thing but I don't get it. :confused: Anyone have any type of an explanation?

BTW (off point) I run one 250W MH HQI over my 30g cube tank.

Mik_101
07-21-2007, 07:22 AM
-what kind of light are u using for the zoa's cuz i wudn't mind gettin' my
hands on a couple,brilliant colors:mrgreen: -i got 2-70 watt HQI's (D.ended)

I dont know if you should keep zoa's...IMO your lights might be a tinsy bit to weak...well you could keep them brown.

Der_Iron_Chef
07-21-2007, 05:19 PM
250W HQI is definitely ok over a 30G cube tank. I keep zoas under 2x96W PC and they're great.

bv_reefer
07-21-2007, 07:57 PM
*edited*

fishoholic
07-22-2007, 01:23 AM
250W HQI is definitely ok over a 30G cube tank.

DUH! Thanks Der_Iron_Chef for being smart enough to understand that :wink: Anything much more than that IMO would be overkill.

ReefJunkie
07-22-2007, 09:33 PM
I've had a whitetail in my frag tank for about 4 months now and he eats the algae off the zoos, rock and glass. He's never actually eaten any of the corals though.

fishoholic
07-23-2007, 12:05 AM
I've had a whitetail in my frag tank for about 4 months now and he eats the algae off the zoos, rock and glass. He's never actually eaten any of the corals though.

I think that you're right. He must of been eating algae off them, or something like that because that the only thing that makes sense.