PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Frag Station

andrewsk
07-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Has anyone seen these before? What a neat idea. I am going to order a few and try them out.

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~MD3171.html

michika
07-17-2007, 04:39 AM
Sounds interesting. The only thing that I would worry about is frags growing up and intruding on the others' space.

If you do order them be sure to let us know how it works out for you.

andrewsk
07-17-2007, 05:22 AM
I think that is why the plugs easily pop in and out. Once they grow past the Frag stage, they are placed in the tank.

bv_reefer
07-17-2007, 05:24 AM
-sounds interesting and handy but as michika said what do u do when they get bigger, like in2 colonies and intrude one anothers territory? won't they sting eachother?

bv_reefer
07-17-2007, 05:26 AM
-if u can take em' out that easily myb ut iz worth tryin' out...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-17-2007, 09:14 AM
bv_reefer,

Please try to spell just a bit better. Have no idea what you're trying to say half the time.

andresont
07-17-2007, 09:19 AM
bv_reefer,

Please try to spell just a bit better. Have no idea what you're trying to say half the time.

Me too,
I think he is just "texting" (young people's way of communication) :)

digital-audiophile
07-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Those look interesting. Good way to grow out a frag without having to use rubble or a plug.

- on a side note, is it just me being paranoid or is our generation (30+) going to be in a lot of trouble as we get older and retire, and the younger generation (those with a poor grasp on proper language skills and the Queen's english) takes over from us??

michika
07-17-2007, 03:47 PM
- on a side note, is it just me being paranoid or is our generation (30+) going to be in a lot of trouble as we get older and retire, and the younger generation (those with a poor grasp on proper language skills and the Queen's english) takes over from us??

Nope your not being paranoid. People's language skills are deteriorating. Its sad, and frustrating. I hear it from professors all the time, the quality of the work of new post secondary students isn't nearly what it was 10 years ago, mostly due to pour language and writing skills.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand... So once the frags grow out you take them and move them elsewhere. Doesn't that mean you need to have rock that is a bit more porous, or able to accomidate the nubs on the plugs? If you don't have rock with quite a few holes, would you have to pull it out and drill it, or epoxy the plugs down?

fishoholic
07-17-2007, 04:48 PM

I agree

christyf5
07-17-2007, 04:54 PM
So once the frags grow out you take them and move them elsewhere. Doesn't that mean you need to have rock that is a bit more porous, or able to accomidate the nubs on the plugs? If you don't have rock with quite a few holes, would you have to pull it out and drill it, or epoxy the plugs down?

I would imagine that once the frags got to a fairly decent size you would just take them off the plug and epoxy the frag where you want it. I would imagine this is a US product (?) and frags down there are pretty small (so it seems from whats selling on RC) and difficult to work with when they're 1/2" or less. I'd be inclined to use that frag rock as a temporary holding station for a few months until it got to a more manageable size and then move it. Its not the most attractive way of displaying frags on a more permanent basis IMO.

Just my two cents :biggrin: