PDA

View Full Version : LF lights for a nano suitable for corals

sharuq1
07-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi there. I am looking for a light for my little 8g. I was going to go invert/fish only, but I would really love to put in some softies 'cus I love 'em. Just my current light is absolutely not going to do that and have anything live, sadly.

Will consider light set ups made by diy as well as ones made by companies (coralife, jbj, you get the idea.)

Suggestions as to how to do this would be very welcome. Currently the tank has a hood, some sort of light that looks like the tiniest pc i have ever seen. The tank says sun sun on it, but I looked up on the net and looks like that co. has gone out of business. (I would use the current bulb but I can't seem to find a replacement that will fit in there anywhere :sad:--any help in where to find a new bulb for a very small pc light would be extremely helpful).

Also would appreciate any help re. how to possibly mod lights to fit into a plastic hood. (I am not good at diy at all)

Oh, btw light can't be more than say 12" or 13"--it is just a little tank. (I will try and measure when I get the chance.)

andresont
07-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I have two of these on my 6 gal one along the tank and second across the tank so together they in a form a "T" on top of the tank.
I even have one SPS coral there (used to be pink mili) it is slightly green now.
mushrooms love it, yellow polyps, GSP's, xenia, open brain ets.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/l-pc.php?product_ID=pc-al0909

NateL
07-11-2007, 03:07 PM
There is always metal halide :)

kadaytar
07-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Try Aquagiant in Edmonton. I bought some small PC fixtures from them.They have 14 Watt-if i am not wrong- , 24 Watt PC bulbs as actinic and white and they both are smaller than 13". I think they sell sun sun products as well.