PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

Mik_101
07-09-2007, 11:33 PM
Ok today I came from my freides house and looked into my tanks and the return pipe was just returning a bunch of very very fine bubles. Ther was so many that it started to crate foam on the top. Rights now im adding some ABS cement to 1 joint I dident seal. WHAT SHOULD I DO.

Zoaelite
07-09-2007, 11:45 PM
*Puts on Batman clothes* :razz:
You most likley just have a small leak somewhere on one of your joints. First of all Calm down :P Your over reacting big time, you can find the leak by iether looking for a salt creep or running a wet towel over the joints and looking for bubbling :). The only other reason I can think that there would be micro bubbles is that the sump is low :\?
Levi

Static
07-09-2007, 11:54 PM
I'll put in a second vote for the sup being low and the pump drawing a bit of air

Mik_101
07-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Well right now im making a bitt of fresh and salt water to add into my sump. I located wher I have a leak and put some ABS cement. Ilpost another comment when the bubbles stop.

Mik_101
07-10-2007, 12:49 AM
ok i fixed the problom...whil fixing the problom i made anther problom(lol) when I was filling up the sump i spiled water everywher in my stand but now bothe are fixed. The problom was theat the sump was way,way, way to empty.

mark
07-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Mik_101, might try using the spell check function. It's build into Canreef so don't need a stand alone. Icon is available in the Quick Reply, Reply to Thread and Post New Thread windows.

As for the your problem, a good reason for auto top-off. I eventually put one onto mine tank as it was getting to be quite the pain adding 1-2 gallons a day.

Mik_101
07-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Mik_101, might try using the spell check function. It's build into Canreef so don't need a stand alone. Icon is available in the Quick Reply, Reply to Thread and Post New Thread windows.

As for the your problem, a good reason for auto top-off. I eventually put one onto mine tank as it was getting to be quite the pain adding 1-2 gallons a day.

Lol English isn't my first language.

Roughly how much is a auto top-off unit. Where do you mount it and how dose it work.

mark
07-10-2007, 04:19 AM
System I'm using cost about 10-15 bucks though many on this board believe way it's setup will crash the tank.

I've got a furnace humidifier float in my sump hooked directly to the output of my ro/di unit.

Read the cons being; will fail open and cause salinity to drop and the frequent cycling of a ro/di causes high TDS from the ro/di unit plus premature failure of the ro membrane. As to the failing open, had a similiar float style in the humidifiers of the houses I grew up in (plus the house I'm in now) and sticking open never a issue or even one I heard of, nor any problem in the year plus I've had the auto top-off setup. As for the cycling, had the filter in-use now well over a year and a half and TDS in always single digits even measuring the first couple of ounces but for once when it was around 20 and that was after not changing the pre and di filters for about a year. After I changed the filters, back to single digits, still from the original membrane.

Again, others caution this setup but for me it works.

Renegade
07-10-2007, 06:58 AM
ensure to check salinity of your tank, if your sump was low, You should be using fresh water top off not more salt water, unless i missed something you wrote

Kyle

Mik_101
07-10-2007, 07:51 AM
no you did not miss anything. The only realson a added SW was beacause when I added alto of freshwater hte salinity droped so i bumped it back up and I also have a higher water level in hte sump.