PDA

View Full Version : What Angel Fish has you had succes with in your Reef

Jason McK
07-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Who has had Angels that have been good Reef inhabitants?
What kind were they?

J

marie
07-08-2007, 02:12 AM
I have had, a majestic, a flame, a potters, a cherub and a regal. The only angel that for sure never touched anything was the cherub :biggrin:

Chowder
07-08-2007, 02:15 AM
I have had luck with lamarks angels. I have had a juvi blueface for about 2 months in the office tank and have not noticed it nipping at anything yet.

krisalexander
07-08-2007, 02:21 AM
Lamarcks, Coral Beauty (for sale) and a majestic all with no nipping or problems..

findingnemo1
07-08-2007, 03:09 AM
Potters,flagfin and a regal. Not one has ever picked and they all get along. At one point i had a coral beauty in there as we'll but she is in another tank now only because we downsized the tank.

Craig

Big Al's BC
07-08-2007, 03:21 AM
We have golden and multibarred angels in both of our reef displays with no troubles. We have had great experience with most Centropyge species and juvenile regals. Any member of the Genicanthus genus have proven safe as well.

Big Al's BC

hawk
07-08-2007, 03:57 AM
I have coral beauty, no problems. Also a juvi emperor, jury is still out with him. He has zeroed in on one acro and was hitting it pretty hard. Lucky it is a ugly acro. He seems to becoming less interested as time goes by. He doesn't bother any of the other acros or clams.

Delphinus
07-08-2007, 05:16 AM
I have a potter's angel. Gorgeous little angel and a perfect ... well, angel. :) She's actually my second potter's I've ever kept, the first was a perfect reef citizen as well. I lost her in a... I'm not sure how to put it .. a "tragic anemone tank transfer accident." :(

I know it's kind of cliche' but I'm really partial to flames and potters. But I've never kept a flame because I don't want to mix angels in a tank.

skylord
07-08-2007, 05:30 AM
We have a Potter's...very good fish. Gets along with everyone and doesnt bother any of the corals or clams. Only problem with her is she is camera shy. Bring out a camera and she hides.

Chowder
07-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Have had 2 coral beauties in 2 different tanks with no problem. My juvi Emperor nipped at zoos but you got none.

Ticketyboo
07-08-2007, 07:30 AM
your juvi is doing great in his new home.......... thanks chris :biggrin:

Bryan
07-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Coral beauty. Never caused me any grief, at least with SPS.

Ruth
07-08-2007, 12:54 PM
For me it was a Goldflake angel that was a good reef citizen. My conspic. was curious about everything new that went into the tank and would sample it. I lost all my SPS coral in that tank last summer in the heat wave then lost both my georgeous angels in a tragic loss of circulation event.:cry:

Tom R
07-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi Jason

Are you thinking of an angel for you tank?

I have never noticed my angels nipping my corals. They continually forage through the reef however they never continually pick at one thing. When ever I put something new into the tank the angels are the first to take a taste. They soon get tired of that and move on to the regular routines. As you know I have 2 Majestic. 1 Flame and 1 White Tailed Blue pygmy. I also had a Cherub until the November black outs.

Tom R

michika
07-08-2007, 06:01 PM
I have a Juvi Emperor and she hasn't touched any sps or lps, or clams!

Chaloupa
07-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I have an African Flameback..."seems" to be ok with my SPS and zoos...looks like it is picking but I don't think it is picking at the polyps I think it is just foraging....in both tanks it was in there was no problem with coral sampling that we could tell...in my FOWLR(has some corals) neither my Rusty or my Lemon Peel touch anything in there...just foraging on the rock.....

michika
07-08-2007, 08:30 PM
The previous post in this thread was done by Krazykuch, he forgot to sign in under his own name before posting.

I've had a few angels, most were great, and only one wasn't so good. The good fish, non LPS, SPS, or clam samplers were the Lemonpeel, Singapore, Yellow tail pygmy, and a juvy regal. I did at one point have a second Signapore who demolished a brain in one evening. I haven't kept any angels since I sized down though a few months ago.