PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 6055 review.

andresont
07-07-2007, 06:10 AM
http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/pumps.php?product_ID=tz-tsn6055

I got this little pump last week and overall I am very pleased all that was advertised is true, accept for availability time LOL it was first promised to be here by X-mass last year !

Pros.
Small size, a lot of flow, gentle unidirectional, controllable, variable speed, black in color.
3D positioning and magnetic holder makes it very user friendly.

Cons
First day “fish care” function (every 15 seconds pump will turn to prevent small fish or snail to get in to it) was very annoying and noisy , so I called it “Fish Scare” function !
Now it got so quiet there is no noise but fish still reacts a little bit. You can only tell by the little wave it generates every 15 sec.

Conclusion.
I like it ! It is running on Gyre principal together with my old Tunze 6100 and WaveBox all on one controller.

Effect
6100 is in left corner on bottom, by the back wall, shoots along the wall.
6055 picking up the flow sits in top right corner about 9” below surface shoots diagonally across the tank, but from about 6”-9” deep, up to the surface. By changing this distance from 6” to 9” I can increase or decrease this Gyre flow effect.

So nano 6055 sort of pileing up water at the top left corner. And that water then sinks down back to 6100 pump.
Now I have all detritus pushed from behind the rocks so it is easy to collect, and my whole aquarium water column moves slowly in the circle ! very cool. I timed small-suspended particles and I get about 9 centimeters per second unidirectional flow.

Recommendation:
Use rubber sticky pads only on the inside because you will want to move your pump around and it will be easier without rubber on the glass.