PDA

View Full Version : Help with Aquasafe RO unit.

exee
07-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Hi All,

Does anyone here have any experience with Aquasafe RO/DI units? Mine is kinda broke =p

I've been taking it apart and putting it back together in an effort to figure out what is wrong with the thing and I have managed to isolate the problem to the Auto-Shut off Valve ( the connector thing where 4 tubes connect) The problem seems to be that one side of the auto-shut off is stuck on closed, so no water is ever able to get through that side of the auto-shut off...

Does anyone know if one side of the auto-shut off is suppose to be sealed like that? If its not suppose to be sealed shut, does anyone know how to get it unstuck or where I can go about getting a replacement valve...?

I've tried emailing the aquasafe support address and I got no response from them so far...

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

andresont
07-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Oh man i remeber having same problem with my habbit of playing with equipment ! LOL.
I dont remember now but i can send you a full picture so you can zoom in on it .picture of how it is suppose to be connected, Two blue lines conected on top of this square valve if you looking at it from its back. And there are numbers 1 "IN" and 3 "OUT" on top.
Also it will have two screws on top.
Try reversing the membraine inside the i think its called "Hydraulyc Automatic shut off valve "
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/andresont/HydraulicAutomaticShutOff.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b309/andresont/2006Rnew.jpg

Bryan
07-07-2007, 07:06 AM
If you don't get any help from Aqua Safe drop a line to www.thefilterguys.biz they stock all kinds of parts and are very helpful.

exee
07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I did try opening up the autoshut off and looking inside, i might have reversed the membrain inside it by accident. But looking inside I noticed that one side of it is completely sealed off, it looks as if a piece of plastic has just got stuck in there, and I don't want to break it off cause I'm scare the auto-shut off will not even do its job then, and then it might over fill my tank...

Thanks for that link i'll take a look at that site to see if they have replacement autoshut offs