PDA

View Full Version : Bristle worm VS Sea hare

bullit67
07-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Well this might seam strange but I put a couple of sea hares in my tank to help in my battle with green hair algea I was looking for them today and when I found one of them it looks like it was being attacked by a bristle worm almost looked like it was burowing into the sea hare I moved a couple of rocks and the bristle worm retreated into the rock so I pulled the rock out hoping to remove the worm. I havent seen the hare move since I tryed to pull it from the rock but it still seams to be holding on tight it has its head in a hole in the rock I was also wondering if the bristle worm entered from the head maybe through the mouth and burrowed right through the hare. Is it even possible that a bristle worm would kill or attack a sea hare?

Any thoughts ?

Doug

bullit67
07-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Well it seems that the sea hare is still alive I spoted a little movment

bullit67
07-06-2007, 04:17 AM
Well the sea hare was dead But it wasnt the bristle worm that did it I found a crab in the hole where the head of the hare was when I pulled it free the crab followed it out I was able to move a few rocks off the top of the one with the crab in it and amazingly I was able to get the rock out with the crab still in it chased it out with a fresh water dip. the rock i thought the bristle worm was in was already back in some salt water after having its own fresh water dip I picked it up to put it back in the tank when I saw somthing move in the bucket another damb crab I think I have a infestation any one have any ideas on geting rid of crabs ( no wise cracks )

tmbar19
07-06-2007, 04:36 AM
I don't have too many crabs, but have a ton of bristle worms. They are breeding exponentially!!! Know what will eat the worms that can survive a damsel??