PDA

View Full Version : 6 line wrasse compatibility

MikeP
07-05-2007, 08:41 PM
My kids want a 6 line wrasse but I already have gobies and shrimp in the tank. I came across some info online that suggested a 6 line wrasse although a great reef fish will pick on others. Can anyone confirm this? Once a fish goes in my tank it would be very difficult to get him back out. I'd hate to put a small quick fish like a six line in there only to find out he's not compatible.

Thanks

Chin_Lee
07-05-2007, 08:59 PM
when small, they are great reef fish. but as they get older, they become beligerant b$$tards and will harrass and chase less timid fishes relentlessly.

digital-audiophile
07-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I guess it might depend on the individual fish, but I have had a 6-line for two years and he is a great little fish. He has always got along with any fish or invertebrates he has been in with.

Tonnes of personality too! I would recommend a six-line to anyone.

Ps. thanks again for that GBTA I got off you. He has doubled in size since I got him home, its a shame my clown ignores him though :(

Chin_Lee
07-05-2007, 10:33 PM
true its highly dependant on the individual fish but the more-than-likely potentially tragic negative outcome greatly outweighs the less-than-likely possible positive-attitude 6-line wrasse.

i have crabs
07-05-2007, 10:45 PM
ive never had trouble with mine in over 3 years but i hear they will cause trouble with some gobies and dragonets

justinl
07-05-2007, 11:01 PM
many will claim that they are the most aggressive of wrasses. 'nuff said? i think so.

I personally would not risk it because like chin said, you never know if the fish will just snap one day.

MikeP
07-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I'm glad I asked. I almost bought one too. I only accidently came across something about compatibility. The site I usually go to for fish info didn't say anything other than 'great reef fish'. I'm glad I double checked.

EmilyB
07-06-2007, 05:55 AM
Mike, the six-line fit right in with the big fish, so all is good !