PDA

View Full Version : LF: ASM Skimmer

dogboy
07-05-2007, 03:21 AM
Anyone in the Edmonton area have a ASM G2 or a G1X they are thinking of selling????

I've been running my 100 gal FOWLR skimmerless for over 8 months now and i think it is about time I started running a skimmer im my sump!!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-05-2007, 03:42 AM
A 100g fowlr should probably have a G3 at least. I'm putting a G4+ on my soon-to-be 120g fowlr. Of course, I will also be using it to skim my seahorse/frag tank (60g approx).

PM Mike at Hidden Reef for their ASM skimmers. Best prices around as far as I can tell & free shipping too.

Fowlrs are usually higher bioload than reefs & while fish can "stand" higher nutrient levels, the price dif. between a G2 & a G3 is minimal, but the difference in skimming ability is double (IMO).

Anthony

dogboy
07-05-2007, 04:00 AM
I figured that since i have been skimmerless for so long that any skimming is better than nothing.... and the G2 is rated for double my tank size.....but all that aside... it doesn't take a whole lot to prod me into buying bigger and better, I am a reefer after all !!!:biggrin:

crystalz
07-15-2007, 05:15 AM
I figured that since i have been skimmerless for so long that any skimming is better than nothing.... and the G2 is rated for double my tank size.....but all that aside... it doesn't take a whole lot to prod me into buying bigger and better, I am a reefer after all !!!:biggrin:
Speaking from experiance I have a G1X on a 78 with a 45 gal sump/fuge, and I would have to say I am thoroughly disappointed with the way this skimmer works. I even designed this sump especially for this skimmer so it's been a big let down. My CSS worked better! If you want I'll sell you mine but can honestly say you are probably better off with a bigger one. I'm gonna build my own which is also an option you may want to look at. They are really easy to make and there are a lot of designs and plans on the inet. Anyways... Just my 2 cents

dogboy
07-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Speaking from experiance I have a G1X on a 78 with a 45 gal sump/fuge, and I would have to say I am thoroughly disappointed with the way this skimmer works. I even designed this sump especially for this skimmer so it's been a big let down. My CSS worked better! If you want I'll sell you mine but can honestly say you are probably better off with a bigger one. I'm gonna build my own which is also an option you may want to look at. They are really easy to make and there are a lot of designs and plans on the inet. Anyways... Just my 2 cents

PM'ed ya!