PDA

View Full Version : chemistry help

Justusfish
06-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey folks:

I can't seem to figure out my levels so I can begin with hard coral. I'm killing stone coral so needless to say, my levels aren't right.

What I need is someone to come over and show me how to test, what to test, and then what to put in the tank to create a good balance. I'd prefer some help from someone who uses that guy's method posted on the net that uses epsom salts and a couple other chemicals.

I'm definitely willing to pay for this service as it's time for me to step it up a bit but need some hands-on help.

I'd also be willing to purchase half a year's supply of the "recipe." I don't know where to get that one elusive chemical that is listed.

fishface
06-30-2007, 04:49 PM
have you tried wrapping your head around this article, it pretty much explains all.
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/index.php as for the chemicals needed, i believe littlesilvermax can supply everything that's required.

michika
06-30-2007, 07:24 PM
From what I understand your wanting to do an SPS dominated tank?

What test kits do you currently have, have you been tracking the progress of your tank already? I don't if this method will work for you, but I use an excel sheet to record the values of all the parameters I test for. Its extra helpful for tracking the last time you added fish, or frags, and telling you when you need to look at changing out your light bulbs.

I second Fishface's recommended link. I can also vouch for the high quality of supplies that Littlesilvermax provides.

I'd be more then happy to walk you through any testing procedures if you need it. Send me a PM if you want to chat further.