PDA

View Full Version : What about a local tank network?

Ticketyboo
06-28-2007, 02:23 AM
Hi, here is a thought or a questions maybe....

I will be off working away from home for prolonged periods of time in the summer, so i was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a local network of aquariasts (such a word?) to come over once in a while and look after others tanks while people are away on maybe holiday or work etc?

I was thinking of dissasembling my tank as i would be away, but couldnt bear to do it and so have... honoured the task to my wife.... lovelly that she is.... but not as passionate about this hobby as i am.... hmmm.....

I have read that others also go away for long periods, so hey.. what about looking after others tanks while others are gone? all take turns etc?

Thoughts?

justinl
06-28-2007, 02:44 AM
i think that's a nice idea. take the whole canreef family thing a lil further. btw i believe the word is aquarist :).

Tangman
06-28-2007, 04:05 AM
Great Idea !!!
I tried to start the same thing last year about this time.....sadly though there was no interest...
But I would be....shoot me a PM

Jason McK
06-28-2007, 06:51 AM
It's very much alive and communicates HERE (http://www.3reef.com/forums/bc-reef-network/)

Ticketyboo
06-28-2007, 06:58 AM
:biggrin: oh nice... didnt know about that one... thanks Jason...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-28-2007, 08:01 AM
Several of us local reefers have an informal arrangements & I am often the emergency contact person for other reefers' babysitters since I work at home & control (more or less) my own schedule. You're welcome to give your wife my contact info in case of emergencies.

Anthony