PDA

View Full Version : somethings eating my fish!

Godfry
06-24-2007, 06:08 PM
http://canreef.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1636&stc=1&d=1182707955
P6232665.jpg I was just wondering if anyone has seen this happen before, what the heck it is that did this.The thing looks like a type of aptaisia but does'nt spread like the other type I killed off in my tank,so I kept this one until I woke up to this. I hope the pic worked, first time posting one.

Jason McK
06-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Looks like a rock anemone. I wouldn't think it has the ability to kill and eat your fish but likly the fish was dead and found it's way to the anemone.
I found several of these anamones in Fiji LR but they never killed a fish

J

Delphinus
06-24-2007, 07:56 PM
What kind of fish was that? How long did you have it?

I'm with Jason on this one. The anemone is too small to really pose a threat to the fish, the fish was probably dead already and floated into the anemone.

Godfry
06-24-2007, 09:36 PM
What kind of fish was that? How long did you have it?

I'm with Jason on this one. The anemone is too small to really pose a threat to the fish, the fish was probably dead already and floated into the anemone.

The fish was a dragon goby, I've had it for about 2 years and it was very small when I got it.It didn't seem sick other than it wasn't keeping my sand clean anymore, it used to keep the whole bed spic and span. I think the fish died first too though, this thing has been in my tank for 6 years and never seen anything like that. Although I have lost a couple of sick fish, they just dissapeared, Ive even pulled out all the rock once.