PDA

View Full Version : acrylic in Calgary

Snappy
06-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for who to have build an acrylic tank in Calgary?

fishytime
06-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Uh-oh ...Gregs goin bigger?...Everyone hold on to your wallets.:wink: Dont have any suggestions for you but I cant wait to see what you do.

danny zubot
06-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Industrial Plastics & Paints won't build it for you, but they will cut the raw panels you need to build it youself. I inquired with them before buying my 110g cube, and it was quite expensive. The reason they won't build it is because they can't warrenty that type of thing. If you feel confident in you building skills call Tibor at IPP. 252-8368

Delphinus
06-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Although I shop for most stuff like acrylic supplies and other goodness at IPP, I'm not sure they'd be the most economical for bulk acrylic like what you'd need for a tank. If assembling a tank yourself, ie., OK with just getting the acrylic pieces, then another place to check (in addition to IPP) would be GE Polymershapes, which is I think a wholesaler so should be a bit cheaper.

Snappy
06-29-2007, 05:00 AM
Thanks guys. It's actually just for a frag prop tank and I believe I've found a different solution that will fit the bill.

kari
06-29-2007, 12:40 PM
If you go back to the acrylic idea give me a pm.

IPP only carries extruded locally. For cast go to GE for sure. Actually even for extruded go to GE.