PDA

View Full Version : Frag party/swap back on!

fishytime
06-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Ok was really bummed when I read that the original frag party was canceled, so I figured I'd ante up and host it. A couple things would need to change though. A good friend of mine couldn't make the July 7 date so I want to bump it to the following w/e( July 14). And instead of asking for a frag for an admission I thought I would just ask all who wanted to attend to bring me $5 to help cover the cost of burgers, salads and munchies. The party would still be BYOB. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can spend the evening outside , in which case I'm hoping someone could also offer to bring some lawn chairs or something to that effect. I'm really hoping that everyone that originally posted can make the new date. So if this sounds good please post in this thread if you will be coming. I really need a solid count on who is coming so I no how much food to prepare so RSVP please. Also perhaps now that it is a bit closer to the actual date people could have a better idea of what they might have available to swap and can post that too. I dont know bout you all but I hope that enough people respond so that we can keep this frag party/swap afloat. BTW if it makes a difference I'm in the wildwood area of the SW, sarcee and bow.

Zylumn
06-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Count me in on July 14th. I'll bring $. I'll also bring some door prizes etc. Well done Doug good to see someone step up to the plate / tank.
Kevin

michika
06-22-2007, 05:09 AM
I'm sorry, I won't be attending, and neither will be KrazyKuch, as the previous frag party corresponded with a family event.

Good luck!

fishytime
06-22-2007, 06:09 AM
Wellll.... the date isnt set in stone I can check with my friend to see if the 8th is good for him. That way those that wanted to attend from edmonchuck(:biggrin: ) might still be able to attend.Please respond. Like I said I would really like to see this thing happen. I can do it either w/e, so you guys let me know what is best for you all and lets PARTY!

EmilyB
06-22-2007, 06:25 AM
Either date is good, for sure I can bring lawn chairs, a salad or two if you would like ! I already paid Jim my admission fee....LOL, so you can't have a frag..:lol:

Slick Fork
06-22-2007, 06:32 AM
I'll probably be able to make either weekend, it might be better though to keep the original date as most of the original "attendee's" put it into their calender already and will have an easier time making it if they don't have to reschedule. So that's me plus my wife, let me know if you need anything other than lawn chairs!

michika
06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
I can do most anything from the 6th-8th. I'm sure I can swing food, possibly lawn chairs.

danny zubot
06-22-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm in for any date except the 8th unfortunately, thats my son's B-day. Let me know!

fishytime
06-23-2007, 02:11 AM
Ok Im leaning towards the 14th. It sounds as though Edmonton may be having there own coral swap, so will try and make things happen for those here in Cowtown. I need more response guys! This will probably be a waste of time if I only get a half a dozen people that want to come. I have posted the party on an Alberta based fishy site so we'll see if anyone that frequents that site will come.

michika
06-23-2007, 02:51 AM
There is something going on up here?

Let us know soon what you decide please.

i have crabs
06-23-2007, 03:47 AM
ill try to come depending on the time and date, all i have for frags is a bunch of cabbage and finger leather or kenya tree depending what it really is possibly some candycane frags if all goes well

michika
06-23-2007, 04:03 AM
I'm thinking I'll have 3x blue tip stag frags, 1x navy acro, 1x random tri color acro. I may also have cactus coral. I'll be providing a complete list and hopefully photos closer to the date.

surgeonfish
06-23-2007, 05:30 AM
If it is on July 14 I would love to come. I would be driving in from Lethbridge just for the event.

Snappy
06-23-2007, 06:26 AM
I will have most of what is listed on my frags.org icon available but with special pricing for the event, up to 50% off selected items. Please pm me with any orders & requests. Package deals available.

michika
06-23-2007, 03:07 PM
PMed you Snappy.

fishytime
06-25-2007, 01:04 PM
We NEED more people! Come on guys. its not goin to be much of a frag swap with only six people coming. I dont want to have to cancel this thing too.

danny zubot
06-25-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm in for the 14th.

andrewsk
06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I am in.

surgeonfish
06-25-2007, 07:49 PM
I am also in for July 14. Are families welcome? I am coming from out of town.

michika
06-26-2007, 03:55 AM
So what is the official date of this thing now?

fishytime
06-26-2007, 04:45 AM
Sorry michika Im thinking the 14th sounds like the best day. Surgeonfish, not sure the fam would have all that much fun, but sure. The more the marrier.Just let me know how many. What would you all be bringing.Am I out of line asking for a few bucks to cover the cost of food? I'm thinking we should start things off around 4:00 or so. This will give everone a chance to arrive and meet & greet before din din. I should have a few xenia frags and a frogspawn frag. This will be my first frag swap and I'm not sure on any special requirements as far as keeping the corals happy over the course of the evening. Any suggestions would be great.

Zylumn
06-26-2007, 05:00 AM
Doug I have a spare 20 gal with a small filter and light and heater we could set up if at least to keep the frags at a consistent temp. The 14th and 4pm sounds great to me.
michika I'll take one of your blue tip stag frags if you can make it. I'm bringing cash and I am thinking a door prize gift cert. from chapters.
Kevin

michika
06-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Okay then, Krazykuch and I are out. Thanks for letting me know.

EmilyB
06-27-2007, 06:24 AM
Sorry, I'm going to have to bow out...:sad:

fishytime
06-28-2007, 04:50 AM
Aw, I'm sorry to here that EB.:sad:

EmilyB
06-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Aw, I'm sorry to here that EB.:sad:

Well, I'm scared, I don't know anyone....

fishytime
06-28-2007, 01:18 PM
I dont bite:wink: , and you know Kevin( zylumn) and not sure but you probably know snappy.He hasnt posted yet but the last time I was at golds Albert said he might be coming. Cmon we need more people or I may have to cancel this thing too. I know that a couple peeps who said they are coming dont have any frags to swap so it wont be much of a frag swap with only a few peeps actually having anything to bring.

danny zubot
06-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Here is my previous list from the old thread. This is all I can really frag this time around. For trade or sale, PM me for prices or trades.

M. Capricornis: Green, purple, orange, pink rimmed (can be mounted)
Acropora Prostrata: Blue tipped (can be mounted)
Candy cane: Green (3-4 head frags)

I'm interested in acquiring zoos and shrooms and ricordias of any kind.

Slick Fork
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
I have a really neat flourescent green hairy mushroom I can frag if anyone wants. I may have some Red and Yellow Zoo's as well but that's iffy. I'll also be bringing cash!

I'll be after some Frogspawn, hammer, some Monti Caps would be cool (maybe we can trade Danny), I'd also like some Monti Digitata.

So, seeing as I'm a frag swap virgin... Should I be PM'ing people with what I want? Should I expect people to message me if they want a piece of the shroom? If no one messages me, should I bring a few frags anyways for Impulse buyers? I'm really looking forward to this!

Zylumn
06-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey Deb I could give you a ride, I'll bring my truck and we could take your; big bad boy pump and skimmer you have for sale; to the party. That would get more OOOOHs and AAAAWs than snappy's frags.
LOL
Kevin

EmilyB
06-28-2007, 11:48 PM
LOL, yah maybe that's an idea !

I am looking for colorful/interesting softies to try in my trigger tank. I still have a couple of SPS available, but they are browned out. I can probably find something around here to donate for another door prize.

fishytime
06-29-2007, 05:08 AM
So, does that mean that you are back in? MMM zoas ....Perhaps pics could be added of frags that we would be able to bring.That may wet some appetites. I will try and snap a few pics tomorrow.I am interested in zoas, mush, rics, maybe m.caps, birdsnest, branching hammer....well that list could go on & on.

Snappy
06-29-2007, 03:54 PM
I will mainly have sps to sell, frags & even a few colony sized pieces but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of local interest at the moment. I'll play it by ear but since I am not really looking for anything for myself right now I will likely bow out if nobody is wanting sps.

andrewsk
06-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Greg,

I will probably buy a colony or 2 and some Frags from you.

danny zubot
06-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Deb, if you come I'll probably take those browned out acro's off of your hands. I like playing doctor.

fishytime
06-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Greg, I may be interested in a frag of that blue polyped birdsnest. PM me with a price.

Snappy
06-30-2007, 04:14 AM
Greg, I may be interested in a frag of that blue polyped birdsnest. PM me with a price.
Done:smile:

fishytime
07-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Thanks Greg. That sounds good to me.

fishytime
07-01-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm thinking it would probably be best if we can work out our deals in advance. That way we dont have bags full o frags sitting here unwanted. Danny Z I may be interested in one of those candy cane frags. These arent fraged off yet but I could snip the shrooms or break the paly rock while you are here if anything interests you. And Slick Fork I love zoas and I have a three headed frogspawn frag that is available.The frag was still attached to the colony in this pic but is now recovering from its ordeal.Its the smaller group on the right. Do you know if the zoas will or will not be available? Any pics?
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP0658.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP0661.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP0663.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP0660.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/fishytime/IMGP0653.jpg

Slick Fork
07-01-2007, 03:35 AM
I'll defineately take that frogspawn fishytime. I'll try to post some pic's tommorow. I don't think the zoa's will be available. The original colony got squished a little while ago, if it comes back I'll have the frag for trade... if not (and it's not looking good right now) then i want to keep the frag for myself. The Hairy Mushroom is a definate go for anyone who wants.

albert_dao
07-02-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm in.

Slick Fork
07-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Ok, Here's a shot of the mushrooms I can cut up... The shot doesn't do justice to the bright green colouring, but it's the best I can do with a mediocre camera and second rate photography skills!

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/chrisandheather/misc%20stuff/100gallonJuly0709.jpg

These are the zoas that I'm not sure if they'll be ready. Hopefully the mother colony (shown here) will recover...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e244/chrisandheather/misc%20stuff/feb2607005.jpg

On a side note, the bryopsis shown is available in dead clumps as it is being just decimated by the magnesium treatment :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fishytime
07-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Those are cool lookin slick. Are we talkin a whole mushroom or a piece thereof? No worries about the zoas. I have something very similar.

Slick Fork
07-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Those are cool lookin slick. Are we talkin a whole mushroom or a piece thereof? No worries about the zoas. I have something very similar.

Depends on the interest. They grow quite quickly and I've got about 5 on the rock so if I only had 3 or 4 people interested, I'd just pop one off the rock for everyone who wanted one. If more are interested, I'll slice 'em up!

danny zubot
07-03-2007, 02:42 PM
I'll go for one of each of Fishtime's and Slick Fork's shrooms. Just let me know if I have anything you want to trade them for.

Also, does anyone know if Kwirky was still planning on coming? We sort of had a trade worked out for the previous swap.

surgeonfish
07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Slick Fork
I would like to pick up one of those great mushrooms for $$. Sorry I don't have any frags to swap.

Snappy
07-04-2007, 04:55 AM
I cleaned up my PM box and accidently deleted things I meant to hang on to. I lost who wanted frags from me. Can you please pm me so I can be sure to have them for you. Thanks.

danny zubot
07-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Here's an updated list of what I can trade.
M. Capricornis: Green, purple, orange, pink rimmed (can be mounted)
Acropora Prostrata: Blue tipped (can be mounted)
Candy cane: Green (3-4 head frags)
5" Purple tongue coral (kinda browned out right now)

fishytime
07-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Well unless he has more than one salty tank he parted out his tank a couple weeks ago.A friend of mine was going to buy a bunch of stuff off him then decided not to. Not sure what if anything he still has left.

fishytime
07-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I started a new post about this just to grab everyones attention, But I will post it here too. Golds has graciously Stepped up and donated a couple door prizes for the party. First prize will be a " hydor koralia 2" and second prize will be a "hydor koralia 1". THANKS Dennis and Albert!Albert said he would post later with a list of what he has to offer. I will be pming everyone this week just to firm things up and give out my address. If any of you all need to get a hold of me, my cell # is 969-6731.

Snappy
07-13-2007, 08:41 PM
If anyone is interested I can bring some extra frags along, Large blue tip stag pieces for a party special of only $15. Let me know if you are interested.

albert_dao
07-14-2007, 12:30 AM
I have a few Superman danae right now.

Looking for $25/frag at the store, but $20/frag for the reef meet.

PM me.

fishytime
07-14-2007, 01:04 AM
If only my lighting would support it

Snappy
07-14-2007, 06:33 AM
No takers on the blue tip stags?