PDA

View Full Version : This thing is enormous

Geofrog
06-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know how big Sebae anemones grow to. I should have researched it more before I got one. Mine sits right in the middle at the front of my tank and has grown to be about 12" across and the foot is about 4". The tenticles are starting to sting some of my corals, so I have been moving the corals around but even after I move then the anemone seems to grow larger just so it could torment my corals.

I don't really want to get rid of it as my clowns just love it in there, but if it keeps growing, I just might have to give it up.

Delphinus
06-21-2007, 10:56 PM
I think that species maxes out at around 18". The good news is that it's actually one of the smaller of the bigger anemones species, but the bad news is that yours can definitely manage to get larger.

justinl
06-22-2007, 02:44 AM
yes they will sort of plateau out at around 20" (just a rough estimate), but anemones dont really have a lifespan. it's called indeterminate growth. they dont stop growing, so as long as you have it, it will grow... these things can live centuries in the wild. i believe with age they grow more slowly though.

Geofrog
06-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks. Now I need to decide if I get rid of it or keep it and use its size as an excuse to upgrade to a larger tank.

i have crabs
06-23-2007, 12:18 AM
welcome to my nightmare, i have a condi i aquired in a tank purchase as a 3-4" white anemone and its now a very colourful 12-15 inches with very long tentacles wich have kinda stoped any coral buying for the last year

andresont
06-23-2007, 12:42 AM
welcome to my nightmare, i have a condi i aquired in a tank purchase as a 3-4" white anemone and its now a very colourful 12-15 inches with very long tentacles wich have kinda stoped any coral buying for the last year
On the bright side you saved a lot of $$$ by not buying any corals. LOL.

justinl
06-23-2007, 03:02 AM
oh come on, is it really that hard a decision? upgrade! :biggrin:

Mik_101
06-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Ya upgrade huge anemone get a bigger(way bigger:smile: )