PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock in Calgary

Eduardo
06-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to this board and the salt hobby. I've been following the board for a bit and find it very helpful. I'm planning on getting a 28g - 30g nano tank and wanted to know which LFS in Calgary has a good selection of live rock.

Thanks.

MikeP
06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Welcome to Canreef! Most of the stores in town have a decent selection. Prices vary a bit from store to store. Check the 'buy/sell/trade' section. I know there is some for sale locally. I bought most of the rock for my tanks from Canreefers and saved a bunch.

Der_Iron_Chef
06-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Welcome! I think all the stores sell good quality live rock, but like Mike said, you can definitely save lots of money if you buy it used from other local aquarists. I bought mine from Gold originally and have been pleased with it!

RicePaddy
06-21-2007, 07:51 PM
I agree with MikeB as I have obtained some great peices from fellow Canreefers. Just watch for posts and make sure you are the first person at he sellers home. This way you can get the best peices out of their tank at sometimes half the cost of rock from a local retailer.

Will

Eduardo
06-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll check out the buy/sell board but once I get the tank I'm sure I will be anxious to get started.